Where Samsung Pay didn't work for you.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it is more secure without the name. Somebody gets your phone they can find out who you are, even if they can't use Samsung Pay, if your name is on the card. To me, a nameless card is an extra security step I like.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I think it is more secure without the name. Somebody gets your phone they can find out who you are, even if they can't use Samsung Pay, if your name is on the card. To me, a nameless card is an extra security step I like.

The only way that someone could have access to SamsungPay or anything on your phone is if u don't have fingerprint or pin to unlock your phone. Unless it's an apple lol...but with the signature on the card for me it was needed since my cards are chipped. I had problems using chipped cards at certain locations once I signed that card it worked flawlessly.

Posted via the Android Central App

Abay Tadesse

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else bummed out by the new Spay update. I was hoping they would make loyalty cards MST, but the new update allows you to add loyalty cards to spay, but they cannot be used via MST, rather the cashier needs to scan your phone for your loyalty card. Maybe a future update will allow it, but it doesn't make sense not to allow the loyalty cards to be used via MST since the infrastructure and adaptation is already there. Any thoughts?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It said that you can also add on your insurance cards, is that to the Membership section? I put mine there. Also, I hope one day department stores will let S-pay use their service. I would love to have my Macy's, Dillard's, JcPenny cards be accessed via S-pay.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else bummed out by the new Spay update. I was hoping they would make loyalty cards MST, but the new update allows you to add loyalty cards to spay, but they cannot be used via MST, rather the cashier needs to scan your phone for your loyalty card. Maybe a future update will allow it, but it doesn't make sense not to allow the loyalty cards to be used via MST since the infrastructure and adaptation is already there. Any thoughts?
That what they were hoping to do with Google Wallet and Apple Pay but NFC adoption is slow. I haven't got a change to try that combo.
Pay target with red card + card wheel in a single tap. That'd be cool.

romeobob2

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I'm with you on being a little bummed about loyalty cards having to be scanned. Unless SPay implements something like the beaming technology that "Beep-N-Go" uses, I don't see any reason to stop using that app for my loyalty/membership cards. It works 100% of the time for me.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
what's cool is that I am able to load my VA card, along with a slew of other cards, so that when checking out, I don't have to first get out my wallet to show the clerks that I am a veteran, then turn around and pull out my phone to pay with SP. Far more convenient to have all the cards that are in my wallet, appear on my phone. Love it!!

Abay Tadesse

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
The only positive, is that its all streamlined in Spay, which yesterday at CVS i realized is a convience. I actually might perfer the scanning method, as I was so surprised at how fluid and fast the process was. If MST was needed for membership, it actually might slow down the whole process. I might have to actually take back my "bummed feelings" lol

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So, how does one actually scan a loyalty card? I couldn't with Which Wich sub shop or Barnes and Noble because the scanner was on the cashier's side. I don't want to be handing over my phone just to use the scanner.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
So, how does one actually scan a loyalty card? I couldn't with Which Wich sub shop or Barnes and Noble because the scanner was on the cashier's side. I don't want to be handing over my phone just to use the scanner.

I also wanted to scan my Costco membership card the other day and was not about to hand my phone over to the cashier, those folks are busy enough multi tasking and getting customers out quickly. I could just see my S6 edge+, slipping out of their hands and flying across the concrete flooring, yikes...

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I also wanted to scan my Costco membership card the other day and was not about to hand my phone over to the cashier, those folks are busy enough multi tasking and getting customers out quickly. I could just see my S6 edge+, slipping out of their hands and flying across the concrete flooring, yikes...

Do they allow that? The costco card has picture ID on the back. They sometime check to make sure the picture match.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Do they allow that? The costco card has picture ID on the back. They sometime check to make sure the picture match.

I've never had them check mine for that. I just wanted to see if it would even scan at all. I went to the customer service area and they tried to scan it with the hand held scanner and it did not work there. A work in progress I suppose...not that worried about the member card working as long as SP continues to work that's all I'm concerned about and it does work great.

Abay Tadesse

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
For those of you having issues at Loews here is an official statement by tier 2 support from Samsung Pay:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

This is with regards to your concern about samsung pay with reference number spay************. We've already received the feedback from our level 2 support regarding your issue in making a payment using samsung pay in LOWES Home Improvement. Based on our escalation department " Lowes will currently only work when the customer uses the RETRY option on the app. This is a technical issue with the way Lowes processing card payments and is not an issue with Samsung Pay. Lowes technical teams are aware of this.

When the customer is at Lowes, they can successfully make a purchase by starting the purchase process on the phone and waiting until the payment times out (60 seconds). then, they can touch the RETRY button on the phone and send the payment to the card reader."

Don't understand why, but that's the official word :)

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
For those of you having issues at Loews here is an official statement by tier 2 support from Samsung Pay:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

This is with regards to your concern about samsung pay with reference number spay************. We've already received the feedback from our level 2 support regarding your issue in making a payment using samsung pay in LOWES Home Improvement. Based on our escalation department " Lowes will currently only work when the customer uses the RETRY option on the app. This is a technical issue with the way Lowes processing card payments and is not an issue with Samsung Pay. Lowes technical teams are aware of this.

When the customer is at Lowes, they can successfully make a purchase by starting the purchase process on the phone and waiting until the payment times out (60 seconds). then, they can touch the RETRY button on the phone and send the payment to the card reader."

Don't understand why, but that's the official word :)
I'm pretty sure I've tried this, but I could be wrong. Who's up to try?

srz1977

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I've never had them check mine for that. I just wanted to see if it would even scan at all. I went to the customer service area and they tried to scan it with the hand held scanner and it did not work there. A work in progress I suppose...not that worried about the member card working as long as SP continues to work that's all I'm concerned about and it does work great.

Make sure that the brightness on your phone is all the way up. That is the only way I can get rewards and loyalty cards to scan on the phone. There needs to be high contrast for the phone to get read.

For the first time I had trouble at Walmart, it said "Invalid PIN". Not sure what is going on.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that the brightness on your phone is all the way up. That is the only way I can get rewards and loyalty cards to scan on the phone. There needs to be high contrast for the phone to get read.

For the first time I had trouble at Walmart, it said "Invalid PIN". Not sure what is going on.

I don't think that's the problem with the Costco member card. I've use my Ralphs Rewards, grocery card, numerous times with SP at the self checkout line, works like a charm, scan the Rewards card, pay with my Amex card on SP, done..

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I went to 7-11 earlier. The cashier was trying to tell me that it doesn't work. Before he could finish his sentence, it went ding.. works. lol... The look on his face is priceless.

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I went to 7-11 earlier. The cashier was trying to tell me that it doesn't work. Before he could finish his sentence, it went ding.. works. lol... The look on his face is priceless.

Yea 711 did an update to their system so maybe they will work as debit now and not just credit I haven't tried it yet

Jpeezy33

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
When that happens just keep retry it and of all else fails do it as credit. I haven't gotten that error in a long long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad