A questions on Samsung Pay

Stanfna

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
As a Verizon customer...I am still eagerly waiting for Samsung Pay. I do have a question that I have not been able to find answers for.

After you complete a transaction, do you get a notification or confirmation of the transaction? In Android Pay, you get a notification with the payment information and in Google Wallet I would get an email the next day with the payment information. How does Samsung Pay do this? are there multiple options?

Thanks everyone!

Nick

Stanfna

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
do you also have an option to get an email or text like you did in Google wallet?

does the notification say who you paid and how much was paid?

anyone able to post a screenshot of the notification?

thanks!!!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It just shows the amount and the merchant. I'm about to use it now. I'll try and screen shot it

Stanfna

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Apparently the log of charges works on credit cards, but not debit cards. At least for me.

Thanks. do you still get the same payment notification regardless of which type of card you use?

I am not concerned about the charge log that is saved in the app. i currently have tasker set up to grab the payment information from the Android Pay notification and send it to IFTTT which then adds it to a google doc i have set up to log my charges. that is why i am asking about how the notifications in Samsung Pay compare to Android pay. my hope is that this process will work the same with Samsung pay as it does with Android Pay.

Thanks to all for the quick responses so far!!!

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
There is a notification that shows the amount and where the purchase was made. It only works for my credit cards but not my BoA debit card (per BoA choice according to Samsung Pay support).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34