Well, after a couple of weeks of using my other 2 cards, a BoA Visa and the Blue Card AMEX, without issues exempt the rare card readers that don't want to play nice, today I had this weird experience when I decided to use my Costco AMEX with SPay for the first time.

I used it in a similar card reader that I've been using the other cards with SPay, it read it almost immediately, even faster than all the previous times and when I thought I was done already I heard the cashier asking me for the code, at first I assumed that it was the last 4 four digits of the card but then she asked me again for the Security Code, so I asked her if she was sure and that if she meant the last 4 digits but she I insisted that the machine was asking her for the Security code, so I needed to pull my card from my wallet and when I gave her the code the transaction went through immediately.

So am I the only one that has needed to give this code? I'm calling AMEX later tonight but would like to know if I'm the only one before I call them, as you can see it doesn't make sense to use SPay if I'm needing to get my card anyways.
    10-08-2015 06:37 PM
    I'm sure you figured out out by now, but for anyone else or future reference, I just got and activated a Green Card and this was in the email:

"A*digital card number*has been assigned to your Card on your device for security purposes. This number is different from the number on your plastic Card. To find the digital card number, tap your Card in the Samsung Pay app and then scroll down to see the Card details. If a merchant asks for your Card number after you've made a purchase in store with Samsung Pay, please use the last 4 digits of the digital card number."

Posted via the *Note 5*
    10-26-2015 07:46 AM
    I'm sure you figured out out by now, but for anyone else or future reference, I just got and activated a Green Card and this was in the email:

"A*digital card number*has been assigned to your Card on your device for security purposes. This number is different from the number on your plastic Card. To find the digital card number, tap your Card in the Samsung Pay app and then scroll down to see the Card details. If a merchant asks for your Card number after you've made a purchase in store with Samsung Pay, please use the last 4 digits of the digital card number."

Posted via the *Note 5*
    Thanks for that but the problem is that it wasn't that the cashier asked for the last 4 digits of the card, that happens in a lot of local merchants, according to the cashier the terminal asked for the security code that on the AMEX cards are in front and in most of the other cards are in the back, so I needed to take out my wallet anyways.
    10-26-2015 08:27 PM
    Thanks for that but the problem is that it wasn't that the cashier asked for the last 4 digits of the card, that happens in a lot of local merchants, according to the cashier the terminal asked for the security code that on the AMEX cards are in front and in most of the other cards are in the back, so I needed to take out my wallet anyways.
    So what other places have asked for the 4 digit real card security code? I just want to know for future reference.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    10-27-2015 04:57 AM
    So what other places have asked for the 4 digit real card security code? I just want to know for future reference.

Posted via the *Note 5*
    None, this was the only time it asked that.
    10-27-2015 02:45 PM