I'm still patiently waiting for SPay to be released to Verizon, (I check for downloads like 5 times a day lol), but do you have to use the fingerprint technology to use SPay or can you use a PIN? If I use a PIN for my lock screen, does that need to be changed to fingerprint for SPay if it's required or are they independent?

Thanks in advance.
    Ryan
    10-12-2015 05:52 AM
    I'm on Verizon as well. Glad I'm not the only one who checks for updates often lol...

The reviews and videos I've seen have mentioned a PIN option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2015 05:57 AM
    Yes, the option is in the settings
    10-12-2015 06:13 AM
    You can use fingerprint or pin

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-12-2015 06:18 AM
    Today, I was out shopping with my wife. My fingerprint didn't get recognized multiple times and the transaction didn't go thru when it finally worked. So I used another card on samsung pay and it worked to save me from total embarrassment. Then at another store, my fingerprint did not get recognized for 5 consecutive times and it wiped out the whole samsung pay. I could not pay any longer for the day because I don't carry wallet any longer. I am 100% dependent on Galaxy S6. So for the rest of the day, my wife had to pay with her plastic card. She has iPhone 6S by the way and she was not impressed with my Samsung pay..

When I got home I tried to add the cards again and the Citi double cash card was blocked for fraud prevention so I am on the phone now for 20 min to get that straightened out. Ugh..

This time I selected 4 digit PIN instead of fingerprint. Samsung fingerprint + my dry fingers in cool weather just don't work. *sad*
    10-17-2015 06:46 PM
    Today, I was out shopping with my wife. My fingerprint didn't get recognized multiple times and the transaction didn't go thru when it finally worked. So I used another card on samsung pay and it worked to save me from total embarrassment. Then at another store, my fingerprint did not get recognized for 5 consecutive times and it wiped out the whole samsung pay. I could not pay any longer for the day because I don't carry wallet any longer. I am 100% dependent on Galaxy S6. So for the rest of the day, my wife had to pay with her plastic card. She has iPhone 6S by the way she was not impressed with my Samsung pay..

When I got home I tried to add the cards again and the Citi double cash card was blocked for fraud prevention so I am on the phone now for 20 min to get that straightened out. Ugh..

This time I selected 4 digit PIN instead of fingerprint. Samsung fingerprint + my dry fingers in cool weather just don't work. *sad*
    Try adding the same finger a few times. I did each thumb twice and never have an issue
    10-17-2015 07:41 PM
    Today, I was out shopping with my wife. My fingerprint didn't get recognized multiple times and the transaction didn't go thru when it finally worked. So I used another card on samsung pay and it worked to save me from total embarrassment. Then at another store, my fingerprint did not get recognized for 5 consecutive times and it wiped out the whole samsung pay. I could not pay any longer for the day because I don't carry wallet any longer. I am 100% dependent on Galaxy S6. So for the rest of the day, my wife had to pay with her plastic card. She has iPhone 6S by the way she was not impressed with my Samsung pay..

Interesting. Hence the reason I asked the question. On a few occasions I've ran into it not recognizing my fingerprint to the point that I've been forced to put in my backup PIN. Was thinking about going back to the PIN, but wasn't sure if it would work. I did read the actual Pay app info and it shows you can use either.

Thanks for the info though, not good if it wipes everything out and doesn't allow you to do anything.
    10-17-2015 07:54 PM
    It warns you that 4 more failed attempts will wipe it out. 3 more failed attempts... 2 more, 1 more. and it did.
    I had to keep trying, you know?
    I think I am done using Samsung S6 fingerprint. It has given me enough grief already. I am sticking with my 4 digit PIN.

BTW, I have all four fingerprints set up for my left thumb in different positions. My wife and 2 kids have iphone 6S and their phones have excellent fingerprint scanner. They work extremely fast too.

And depending on the card reader, you will encounter situations where you will have to try more than once. A lot More often than when you are using the actual plastic card. And the fraud prevention criteria of the banks and credit card companies are NOT set up to be more lenient on failed attempts for the cards that are registered on Samsung Pay. It is definitely something Samsung and banks have to work out. And when the card has been put on a hold for fraud prevention Samsung Pay should notify the user. When it happened to my US bank debit card and when it happened today to my Citi double cash mastercard I did not receive any notification. It definitely needs to be fixed.
    10-17-2015 08:19 PM
    10-19-2015 09:27 PM