Samsung Pay on Verizon

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone heard any news about when Verizon will be releasing Samsung Pay? It has been more than a week since they said they would be releasing it in a future update.

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Nope I haven't heard a word. I've just heard from Verizon reps that it will be soon, and no exact date. I've talked with the Samsung Pay reps, and they say they are still in discussing. I'm not sure what is right, but Verizon has always been late to the draw from what I've seen. I'm being patient at this point, but I do check for upgrades on my phone like 5 times a day to see if it is ready lol :)

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Push Service app just got an update this afternoon, hoping this is the first step to getting Samsung Pay on my Verizon S6 edge plus.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
It must be agonizing for you people. I have been wallet-free for over a month now. I love it!!

I've been wallet-free for several years -- all I need is a little Sinji pouch stuck to the back of the phone with my license, insurance card, a credit card, and a $20. I'll still need all those things when I get Samsung Pay, although I'm hoping that this will help move the bar toward never needing a credit card. I don't see that happening any time soon, though.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Does that pouch negatively impact wireless charging?

I don't use wireless charging, so I'm not sure. I would guess if typical cases block wireless charging, this would. (I'm holding out on wireless until a fast-charging option is available.)

It has worked out really well for me. The pouch is made of stretchy material, so if I need to carry an extra card or something, it expands enough for that, then pops back into shape. In about 18 months, I've gone through three of the pouches: One was on my old phone (so I didn't bother trying to move it to the new phone), one was white (to go with my white S6) but it got dirty-looking fast, and the black one I've been using since June. They hold up well.