10-29-2015 09:57 PM
220 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Ok, thanks. Guess I just need to sit on my hands and wait for it to become available. Lol.
    10-19-2015 11:55 AM
    Yup. I'm beginning to wonder if the first purchase I make with Samsung Pay should be a new phone and account over at T-Mobile or AT&T!
    Ryan Tomkins1 and jboogie1289 like this.
    10-19-2015 11:57 AM
    Yup. I'm beginning to wonder if the first purchase I make with Samsung Pay should be a new phone and account over at T-Mobile or AT&T!
    Lmao!!!! If only I had a few bucks for everytime I've read this comment!!
    Ryan Tomkins1 likes this.
    10-19-2015 12:00 PM
    On samsung note 5. Never received any OTA update but downloaded the app from the Play Store and worked fine for me yesterday. I wonder why the Note 5 didnt/doesn't need an update.

I never previously sideloaded the app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2015 12:40 PM
    On samsung note 5. Never received any OTA update but downloaded the app from the Play Store and worked fine for me yesterday. I wonder why the Note 5 didnt/doesn't need an update.

I never previously sideloaded the app.

Posted via the Android Central App
    My girl has a note 5 and s-pay was pre loaded. She's on Att and it could be different on Verizon
    10-19-2015 12:53 PM
    I'm on an S6 Edge plus and can't see the Samsung Pay app anymore. Somehow they are blocking it from certain devices. What's funny is I can see the app from my tablet but it says it's not compatible with my device. I can wait another day or so considering I bought the phone knowing we may not get it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 01:05 PM
    Sharing my experience...

I have a VZW Note 5. I found Samsung Pay on Google Play yesterday. Was expecting an OTA phone update but never got one. Installed and successfully registered my CITI and AMEX cards. I did a dry test and it seemed to work.

Then it all went downhill after I re-registered my fingerprints (not 100% sure if that is the cause though). Every time I tried to pay, it would say "Unable to complete your payment. Please try again later". I kept trying for several hours with no luck.

I then did a Samsung Pay Reset (in the menu), and was able to re-register the CITI card. I have not been able to re-register the AMEX card. I've tried numerous times since last night. It keeps saying "Failed to register your card. Please try again later." I did use the Contact Us option under Help to report the issue. No email yet. I called AMEX and they said there are no problems with the card.

At least I was able to use it at Target a couple of hours ago. When it worked, it worked pretty well. Hope Samsung/Verizon/Banks iron out the glitches soon.
    Kalnel and Ryan Tomkins1 like this.
    10-19-2015 01:25 PM
    I have not been able to see the app on in the Google Play store. Not sure if that's helpful but I do think they indeed took it off for the time being.
    10-19-2015 03:22 PM
    I have not been able to see the app on in the Google Play store. Not sure if that's helpful but I do think they indeed took it off for the time being.
    I can't find it either. I still have it on my device from when I DL it over the weekend.
    jboogie1289 and cawhitmarlton like this.
    10-19-2015 03:45 PM
    I can't find it either. I still have it on my device from when I DL it over the weekend.
    Did you sideload? Funny how some people can catch it just right in the Play Store and then it disappears. It's almost like The Play Store is watching the activity in these forums!!!
    10-19-2015 03:53 PM
    Did you sideload? Funny how some people can catch it just right in the Play Store and then it disappears. It's almost like The Play Store is watching the activity in these forums!!!
    Direct from the Play Store. It was up this morning, but maybe they pulled it because there will be a new version that incorporates the stuff. I don't know anymore lol other than what I've posted here from the Verizon and Samsung reps I've talked to.
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    10-19-2015 03:55 PM
    I'm still able to see it in the Play Store. (Yay, lucky me!)

A few minutes ago, I checked my phone for any system updates, and it seemed to hang for a minute. I got really excited thinking that maybe the new Verizon update was available, but a message that said there were no new updates finally appeared.

Hopefully, we'll have all the updates and apps tomorrow. Then we can commiserate about whether we're able to add the credit cards we want to use and which banks still need to get on board. (Looking at you, Wells Fargo...)
    10-19-2015 04:00 PM

A few minutes ago, I checked my phone for any system updates, and it seemed to hang for a minute. I got really excited thinking that maybe the new Verizon update was available, but a message that said there were no new updates finally appeared.

Hopefully, we'll have all the updates and apps tomorrow. Then we can commiserate about whether we're able to add the credit cards we want to use and which banks still need to get on board. (Looking at you, Wells Fargo...)
    Haha I always get excited too when it hangs, my heart starts beating a little faster, and then bam the disappointment. I'm lucky I have a credit card with US Bank and BOA. Plus my debit card is with US Bank so I'm really jonesing to use it lol
    10-19-2015 04:04 PM
    I'll have to go with my Citibank cards and Amex. If Samsung Pay really takes off, I'm sure the other big banks will follow eventually.

I'm just itching to use it at a small grocer in my building who has an NFC reader that he refuses to activate because of "security." He's an older guy who doesn't speak much English, so no amount of persuasion will move him to turn on the NFC reader. This ought to blow his mind.
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    10-19-2015 04:09 PM
    Oh ya I can imagine that this will just be like Android Pay eventually and if Sammy does it right, they can deploy it to more than just Samsung devices. I'm sure they are working on that, at least if they are smart they would be. More and more banks will sign up once it get's to be a proven thing.

You should record that encounter that would be funny to see.
    jboogie1289 and Kalnel like this.
    10-19-2015 04:14 PM

Ditto on Wells Fargo and Chase as well. Let's get this party started!!!
    And also, as I've checked the System Update button, there is a long check but comes back as "Up to Date". Lol. It's all good. I'll leave it alone till tomorrow...........NOT!!! I'll be checking all through this evening and when I get up in the morning @ 4am to head off to the Jobby Job!!
    10-19-2015 04:27 PM
    You should record that encounter that would be funny to see.
    LOL, you think the guy will notice something is up when I appear with a Go Pro strapped to my head while waving my S6 around the cash register?
    10-19-2015 04:30 PM
    Ditto on Wells Fargo and Chase as well. Let's get this party started!!!
    And also, as I've checked the System Update button, there is a long check but comes back as "Up to Date". Lol. It's all good. I'll leave it alone till tomorrow...........NOT!!! I'll be checking all through this evening and when I get up in the morning @ 4am to head off to the Jobby Job!!
    I wish we could find a way to monetize obsessive checking. Maybe a "when will it be released" pool.
    10-19-2015 04:32 PM
    LOL, you think the guy will notice something is up when I appear with a Go Pro strapped to my head while waving my S6 around the cash register?
    I bet he'll speak perfect English then. LOL.
    10-19-2015 04:32 PM
    I bet he'll speak perfect English then. LOL.
    Funny you say that -- his English is always perfect when discussing prices. I keep hoping he'll find a special synergy with this: he's Korean, Samsung is Korean. This should be a cultural affinity thing for him.
    10-19-2015 04:34 PM
    perfect
    10-19-2015 09:26 PM
    Guys, check the Google Play store now! There's an app update, and I was able to install Samsung Pay on my S6. Just downloaded it, and it opened. About to dig into it to add cards, etc., but wanted to alert you all right away. FYI, the Play store link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay
    10-19-2015 10:11 PM
    Woo-hoo!!! Got my Citibank and Amex cards added with no problem. All activated immediately. Don't really have a store to go visit right now, but I'm tempted to hop in the car and find one.
    10-19-2015 10:28 PM
    Guys, check the Google Play store now! There's an app update, and I was able to install Samsung Pay on my S6. Just downloaded it, and it opens. About to dig into it to add cards, etc., but wanted to alert you all right away. FYI, the Play store link is: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay
    Still doesn't show up for me on my Edge plus.. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    10-19-2015 10:34 PM
    That totally sucks. I was fascinated to see that this update did NOT require Verizon to push another OTA update, despite all the info we've heard.

After I downloaded the new version, I got a message that it was completely erasing the app I downloaded the other day. The new version 0.1.04 has a long list of permissions that I don't recall seeing with the previous version.

Adding cards was as simple as the Samsung videos would suggest -- take a picture of the card, enter the code, enter your address, get a verification code, and enter it. Both the Citibank cards and the Amex verified almost instantly.

I may have to run out and try it now...
    Ryan Tomkins1 and GalaticBoar like this.
    10-19-2015 10:40 PM
220 ... 34567 ...