10-29-2015 09:57 PM
220 ... 56789
tools
    They're just messing with us now! Got the updates and no Samsung Pay App!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    10-20-2015 12:36 PM
    Just had a little fun using the app at the grocery where the owner won't enable NFC. When I held my phone up to the card reader, the owner started snapping, "No work! No work! No iPhone!" I said, "This will work. It's a Samsung, not an iPhone." He shook his head and said, "No work!" With that, the receipt popped out of the register. He said, "No work! You use card when I not looking."
    10-20-2015 12:36 PM
    Just had a little fun using the app at the grocery where the owner won't enable NFC. When I held my phone up to the card reader, the owner started snapping, "No work! No work! No iPhone!" I said, "This will work. It's a Samsung, not an iPhone." He shook his head and said, "No work!" With that, the receipt popped out of the register. He said, "No work! You use card when I not looking."
    Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-20-2015 12:37 PM
    They're just messing with us now! Got the updates and no Samsung Pay App!

Yea I made sure I have the most recent update available and still no Samsung Pay app...
    10-20-2015 12:39 PM
    Here's what I just got from Chat Support @ Samsung.....

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.
    10-20-2015 12:47 PM
    Was this your "guy" that wouldn't enable it?
    10-20-2015 12:48 PM

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.
    Thats interesting. Must have been issues with the roll out or everyone's been hitting the servers or something. I did get the update, and I used it this morning at Dunkin for my coffee. Pretty slick. I can't wait for you all to be able to use it, I know how painful it is to wait.
    jboogie1289 and Kalnel like this.
    10-20-2015 12:50 PM
    I just read the whole thread on my s6 edge+ sm-G928v because I've wanted to use find Samsung pay but I've held off all the ota updates waiting to see if any exploits have led to root on the s6 EDGE+ FOR Verizon.

I sideloaded the samsung Pay app and framework but when i go to run it i get the message a software update is required. Im assuming it will push through the ota software-updates I've been putting it off essentially wove i got the phone or so. I bought our with a contract discount but its not a financed or leases phone so i own it.

My biggest concern is that i update now and lose the future possibility to root it. Especially with having to take apart the whole phone to take out or replace battery I'm scared or running the update now and then if ivtry to root later It will brick my $750 phone.

What do you suggest? Should i run the update the samsung pay app offers or should i run the OTA updates from Verizon software update menu. Then if anyone finds root or makes an6 other progress in opening up the phone.

Im also hoping we get msrshmallow 6.0 sooner with the next OTA update after today's ota for Samsung pay support.

What do you guys think. Im going to charge my phone now when j get upstairs and then see about pushing through the updates on my phone.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    10-20-2015 12:52 PM
    Was this your "guy" that wouldn't enable it?
    One and the same. After a week or two of making purchases there, he's going to think I'm Houdini the way I trick him every time and slide the card when he's not looking!
    jboogie1289 likes this.
    10-20-2015 12:57 PM

Yup, they're messing with us!

10-20-2015 12:57 PM
    I just read the whole thread on my s6 edge+ sm-G928v because I've wanted to use find Samsung pay but I've held off all the ota updates waiting to see if any exploits have led to root on the s6 EDGE+ FOR Verizon.

I sideloaded the samsung Pay app and framework but when i go to run it i get the message a software update is required. Im assuming it will push through the ota software-updates I've been putting it off essentially wove i got the phone or so. I bought our with a contract discount but its not a financed or leases phone so i own it.

My biggest concern is that i update now and lose the future possibility to root it. Especially with having to take apart the whole phone to take out or replace battery I'm scared or running the update now and then if ivtry to root later It will brick my $750 phone.

What do you suggest? Should i run the update the samsung pay app offers or should i run the OTA updates from Verizon software update menu. Then if anyone finds root or makes an6 other progress in opening up the phone.

Im also hoping we get msrshmallow 6.0 sooner with the next OTA update after today's ota for Samsung pay support.

What do you guys think. Im going to charge my phone now when j get upstairs and then see about pushing through the updates on my phone.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    From everything I've read, it won't work at all if you've rooted or tripped Knox. You might have to Odin back to the stock image, update everything, get the software working, and then think about rooting. (I'm not sure if going back to stock this way resets Knox, though.)

The people over at XDA are technical wizards at this stuff, so they would have a much more informed answer than I could give. You might head over there to check it out.
    10-20-2015 01:00 PM
    Any of you on S6 who have received the updates and have things working: Are you still able to take screenshots? I went to do a screen shot of something just now, and I couldn't do it. Neither the home-power button hold nor the edge of the hand swiping the screen method works. I'm wondering if something in the new pushes disabled it.
    10-20-2015 01:03 PM
    Hmmm...got the hand swipe working (it was toggled off), but not the button push.
    10-20-2015 01:05 PM
    Any of you on S6 who have received the updates and have things working: Are you still able to take screenshots? I went to do a screen shot of something just now, and I couldn't do it. Neither the home-power button hold nor the edge of the hand swiping the screen method works. I'm wondering if something in the new pushes disabled it.
    What the....? Yea I cannot do a screenshot either...

EDIT: mine was turned off too...
    10-20-2015 01:06 PM
    Just did a screen shot using the home and power button.
    10-20-2015 01:07 PM
    What the....? Yea I cannot do a screenshot either...
    Check if your "palm swipe" method is disabled under Settings>Motions and Gestures>Palm swipe to capture. Mine got toggled off. The button method is still not working.
    cawhitmarlton likes this.
    10-20-2015 01:08 PM
    Check if your "palm swipe" method is disabled under Settings>Motions and Gestures>Palm swipe to capture. Mine got toggled off. The button method is still not working.
    Yea my swipe was turned off and I just got a screenshot with the home + power buttons.
    10-20-2015 01:10 PM
    Still no luck for me with the home and power buttons. Weird. Maybe I'll reboot and see if that helps.
    10-20-2015 01:11 PM
    Just an FYI, had the old framework sideloaded, no wiping device, hot the update today by force checking and then sideloaded the app and uploaded my card fine where it previously wouldn't activate. Glad I didn't go through the rigamaroll of wiping a device I just bought 5 days ago.
    10-20-2015 03:03 PM
    Just had a fun Android-based afternoon with Samsung Pay. No keys, no cards, no wallet:
    -- Got in my car, used Android Auto to route around traffic to the doctor's office
    -- Used Carefirst app to show my insurance card at the doctor's to get my flu shot
    -- Read on Kindle app while I waited
    -- Went to florist, drug store, Target, and hardware store, paid with Samsung Pay each time
    -- Tracked mileage using Mileage Tracker app
    -- Opened front door using August Smart Lock app

(BTW, I know I'm getting a little off-topic for this thread. If you all have an interest in "digital lifestyle," check out the Paperless/Digital group on Yahoo. Everything from mobile wallets to Windows to GTD and EDC. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...gitallife/info )
    jboogie1289 and Ryan Tomkins1 like this.
    10-20-2015 03:24 PM
    Just had a fun Android-based afternoon with Samsung Pay. No keys, no cards, no wallet:
    -- Got in my car, used Android Auto to route around traffic to the doctor's office
    -- Used Carefirst app to show my insurance card at the doctor's to get my flu shot
    -- Read on Kindle app while I waited
    -- Went to florist, drug store, Target, and hardware store, paid with Samsung Pay each time
    -- Tracked mileage using Mileage Tracker app
    -- Opened front door using August Smart Lock app

(BTW, I know I'm getting a little off-topic for this thread. If you all have an interest in "digital lifestyle," check out the Paperless/Digital group on Yahoo. Everything from mobile wallets to Windows to GTD and EDC. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...gitallife/info )
    You are quite the ANDROID ENTHUSIAST!!

Kudos to you Sir!!!!
    10-20-2015 03:57 PM
    I'm all in on Android for my smartphone, but I'm actually kind of "platform neutral" otherwise. I drift from Windows to Chromebook to Mac all day, and my other devices include iPads and Kindles. A little of everything.
    jboogie1289 and Ryan Tomkins1 like this.
    10-20-2015 04:19 PM
    I did the Verizon update yesterday and side-loaded the app, loaded my Amex and it worked fine. Went to load my Citibank MC (one of the supported banks) and repeatedly get a "failed to register" message after accepting Citi t's & c's. Called Citibank to be told the "Aadvantage" (American Airline miles) versions of their credit cards don't work with Samsung Pay! Man, why does this phone payment stuff have to be so convoluted?
    10-20-2015 05:09 PM
    Got an email from Samsung support which lists all the cards supported, and also has instructions to do a force stop, clear cache, and clear data. After I tried that, my problems are fixed. I was able to re-register my Amex card and attempt to pay with it. Yea!

Here's the steps from Samsung Support:
    1. Open Apps > Settings > Applications > Application manager
    2. Touch Samsung Pay Framework
    3. Touch force stop
    4. Touch clear cache
    5. Touch Back
    6. Touch Samsung Pay
    7. Touch clear data
    8. Open Samsung Pay and attempt the action again.

Kind of funny story... I tried using Samsung Pay at the Post Officer earlier today. As I started to put my phone on the card reader, the clerk kept saying "it's not supported". I kept it there for a couple seconds more, then it appeared to work because the screen changed. But then the clerk kept saying "no it doesn't work", and then proceeded to press a bunch of keys on his side - my guess is that he refused to accept that it worked and actually canceled the transaction. He then asked for my physical card - had to get back to work so I just gave my Amex to him. Then he mumbled something about the Post Office would never accept phone payments due to all the hacking.
    10-20-2015 06:12 PM
    Yes. He canceled it. Did you get his name off the tag? I will report him for you.
    GalaticBoar likes this.
    10-20-2015 06:35 PM
220 ... 56789