10-29-2015 09:57 PM
220 ... 6789
tools
    Got an email from Samsung support which lists all the cards supported, and also has instructions to do a force stop, clear cache, and clear data. After I tried that, my problems are fixed. I was able to re-register my Amex card and attempt to pay with it. Yea!

Here's the steps from Samsung Support:
    1. Open Apps > Settings > Applications > Application manager
    2. Touch Samsung Pay Framework
    3. Touch force stop
    4. Touch clear cache
    5. Touch Back
    6. Touch Samsung Pay
    7. Touch clear data
    8. Open Samsung Pay and attempt the action again.

Kind of funny story... I tried using Samsung Pay at the Post Officer earlier today. As I started to put my phone on the card reader, the clerk kept saying "it's not supported". I kept it there for a couple seconds more, then it appeared to work because the screen changed. But then the clerk kept saying "no it doesn't work", and then proceeded to press a bunch of keys on his side - my guess is that he refused to accept that it worked and actually canceled the transaction. He then asked for my physical card - had to get back to work so I just gave my Amex to him. Then he mumbled something about the Post Office would never accept phone payments due to all the hacking.
    Education is going to be one of the harder things I think to convince merchants and the employees. Sammy is trying but needs more marketing to let the merchants and employees know.
    10-20-2015 06:42 PM
    The app showed up a few minutes ago. Downloaded it and added 3 cards. I look forward to buying something tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Kalnel and r56mcs like this.
    10-20-2015 08:23 PM
    Education is going to be one of the harder things I think to convince merchants and the employees. Sammy is trying but needs more marketing to let the merchants and employees know.
    I agree. I think they'll also need to let Samsung owners know it exists. We were all waiting for it and attuned to what it can do, but many -- if not most -- owners probably have no idea what it is or that it is available.
    10-20-2015 08:25 PM
    The app showed up a few minutes ago. Downloaded it and added 3 cards. I look forward to buying something tomorrow!
    Just showed up for me too. This must be the Verizon rollout.
    10-20-2015 08:33 PM
    If it wasn't so late, I'd run out and try it. I'm dying to try it but not as much as Kalnel!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    Ryan Tomkins1 likes this.
    10-20-2015 08:39 PM
    Just showed up for me too. This must be the Verizon rollout.
    And it's gone again.
    10-20-2015 09:42 PM
    If it wasn't so late, I'd run out and try it. I'm dying to try it but not as much as Kalnel!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    You will love it. I've been using it since Saturday on my VZW Edge+ and it's been working great.

Made a purchase today at Costco. The look on the cashier's face was priceless when the transaction processed successfully.
    10-20-2015 09:57 PM
    You will love it. I've been using it since Saturday on my VZW Edge+ and it's been working great.

Made a purchase today at Costco. The look on the cashier's face was priceless when the transaction processed successfully.
    I will have to keep my Costco card in my car because I don't carry a wallet anymore.
    Kalnel likes this.
    10-20-2015 10:48 PM
    Yes. He canceled it. Did you get his name off the tag? I will report him for you.
    No I didn't get his tag. Good to know about that. Anyway it's ok, he probably just didn't know. I'll let it go this time
    10-21-2015 07:55 AM
    I bought a thin clear spigen case and slid put my driver's license in the case facing out. I'm hoping it will work and I won't have to carry my wallet around most days.

10-21-2015 08:02 AM
    Realized we have a self serve kiosk in the cafe with a card reader. Worked great with no issues. Now to use it in front of someone!

Kalnel likes this.
    10-21-2015 10:32 AM
    Just installed Samsung Pay on my VZW Note5 and I noticed the top of the Samsung Pay app seems like it is always visible (see attachment).
    Is this really always there now?Samsung Pay on Verizon-uploadfromtaptalk1445447897703.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-21-2015 12:18 PM
    Yes. That's a "tab" so you can pull the cards up from the home screen. You can get rid of it in More>Settings>Simple Pay, but then you will not be able to pay from your home screen. (It gives you the option of turning the app on/off from Home screen, Lock screen, or when the screen is off.
    Ryan Tomkins1 likes this.
    10-21-2015 12:23 PM
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the fast response!
    Looking forward to my first transaction.
    10-21-2015 12:27 PM
    No problem. You happened to catch me sitting at my desk. :-)
    10-21-2015 12:32 PM
    One more question, does anyone know if this would work with a retailer that uses Square for credit card transactions?
    10-21-2015 12:45 PM
    Boy do I love that all my cards are not supported yet. (Wells Fargo and Chase)

Samsung Pay on Verizon-ncukn6iljfjl.jpg
    jharo and red72 like this.
    10-21-2015 01:54 PM
    Nothing's simple, is it? I'd love to see them get on board, too.
    10-21-2015 04:19 PM
    One more question, does anyone know if this would work with a retailer that uses Square for credit card transactions?
    CNET says it works with Square readers: Samsung Pay: What you need to know (FAQ) - CNET
    10-21-2015 04:22 PM
    NFC? Has anyone tried using Samsung Pay through the NFC reader? I was just in Whole Foods, where I've used NFC to pay via Google Wallet/Android Pay for years. When I checked out tonight, though, the payment failed, until I held the unit over the magnetic reader. (It went through fine that way.)
    10-21-2015 08:03 PM
    NFC? Has anyone tried using Samsung Pay through the NFC reader? I was just in Whole Foods, where I've used NFC to pay via Google Wallet/Android Pay for years. When I checked out tonight, though, the payment failed, until I held the unit over the magnetic reader. (It went through fine that way.)
    I was at Walgreen's tonight, they have the NFC, but I didn't use it. I just held the S6 over the magnetic strip and it went thru.
    10-21-2015 08:05 PM
    I have. The vending machine in my office accepts nfc payments and it worked fine there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2015 08:13 PM
    I have. The vending machine in my office accepts nfc payments and it worked fine there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ah, a vending machine. That's a good idea. I'll try it on one.
    10-21-2015 08:26 PM
    I bought a thin clear spigen case and slid put my driver's license in the case facing out. I'm hoping it will work and I won't have to carry my wallet around most days.

I'd like to get rid of the wallet as well but I have my drivers licence, employee ID card, and paper rewards cards. I had insurance cards but take photos of those (and will be checking out the CareFirst app Kalnel mentioned).

Are there any apps like samsung pay that would work with a simple ID card and a mag reader?
    10-22-2015 08:45 AM
    The Carefirst app is great -- you can pull up an image of your card -- but make sure you bring your paper card when you see a new doctor (and often at the first visit of the year). Many docs still can't scan or photocopy from phone screens, so they require hard copies.

I'm hoping Samsung eventually adds reward, loyalty, and gift cards to Pay. In the meantime, Android Pay handles them well, as do apps like KeyRing.
    10-22-2015 10:01 AM
220 ... 6789