Samsung Pay on Verizon

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
That's so weird. (In fact, the whole roll-out has been really weird, starting with the fact that Verizon didn't activate it the same time as everyone else.)

Maybe that update the CSRs were talking about at noon today will enable the Note 5's to get it. Rooting for you all!

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new update to Samsung Push Service. The last one appeared last week, just before Verizon's OTA. You all might check the Google Play store to get it -- maybe it will trigger the other updates on your phones.

A longshot, maybe, but worth a try.

Posted via the Android Central App

cawhitmarlton

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I just got a new update to Samsung Push Service. The last one appeared last week, just before Verizon's OTA. You all might check the Google Play store to get it -- maybe it will trigger the other updates on your phones.

A longshot, maybe, but worth a try.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yea, I got the Samsung Push Service update earlier this morning but still no app...it is 12:04 though..........let me check.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got the system update and then updated the Samsung Push app but still can't see the Samsung Pay app.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just had a little fun using the app at the grocery where the owner won't enable NFC. When I held my phone up to the card reader, the owner started snapping, "No work! No work! No iPhone!" I said, "This will work. It's a Samsung, not an iPhone." He shook his head and said, "No work!" With that, the receipt popped out of the register. He said, "No work! You use card when I not looking."

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just had a little fun using the app at the grocery where the owner won't enable NFC. When I held my phone up to the card reader, the owner started snapping, "No work! No work! No iPhone!" I said, "This will work. It's a Samsung, not an iPhone." He shook his head and said, "No work!" With that, the receipt popped out of the register. He said, "No work! You use card when I not looking."

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I just got from Chat Support @ Samsung.....

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Was this your "guy" that wouldn't enable it?

Ryan Tomkins1

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Vishnuvardhan P: We expect the Samsung Pay app to be available for Verizon customers on Google Play Store on Wednesday, October 21st, in the afternoon. It can take up to 24 hours for the app to propagate to all Google Play Store servers.

Thats interesting. Must have been issues with the roll out or everyone's been hitting the servers or something. I did get the update, and I used it this morning at Dunkin for my coffee. Pretty slick. I can't wait for you all to be able to use it, I know how painful it is to wait.

nj12nets

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just read the whole thread on my s6 edge+ sm-G928v because I've wanted to use find Samsung pay but I've held off all the ota updates waiting to see if any exploits have led to root on the s6 EDGE+ FOR Verizon.

I sideloaded the samsung Pay app and framework but when i go to run it i get the message a software update is required. Im assuming it will push through the ota software-updates I've been putting it off essentially wove i got the phone or so. I bought our with a contract discount but its not a financed or leases phone so i own it.

My biggest concern is that i update now and lose the future possibility to root it. Especially with having to take apart the whole phone to take out or replace battery I'm scared or running the update now and then if ivtry to root later It will brick my $750 phone.

What do you suggest? Should i run the update the samsung pay app offers or should i run the OTA updates from Verizon software update menu. Then if anyone finds root or makes an6 other progress in opening up the phone.

Im also hoping we get msrshmallow 6.0 sooner with the next OTA update after today's ota for Samsung pay support.

What do you guys think. Im going to charge my phone now when j get upstairs and then see about pushing through the updates on my phone.

Thanks for the help in advance.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Yup, they're messing with us!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1