Clarification on using NFC readers will SPay.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
MST always works but I'm curious about using NFC instead when the NFC machine is present. In Android Pay you just hold the phone to the NFC location and it beeps and goes through.

I've tried twice since changing my default NFC method to Samsung Pay and nothing happens. Both times after nothing happened I swiped up and used MST because of a line behind me.

What am I missing?

Posted via the Android Central App
(Edit: Title was supposed to be "with" instead of "will".)

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I read in another thread that the Samsung Pay always defaults to MST. If it doesn't sense a magnetic strip reader, then it turns the NFC on. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it seems consistent with my experience.

How did you set Samsung Pay as your default NFC?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I used nfc at McDonald's using Samsung pay. And it worked just as fast as Android pay

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I read in another thread that the Samsung Pay always defaults to MST. If it doesn't sense a magnetic strip reader, then it turns the NFC on. I have no idea how accurate that is, but it seems consistent with my experience.

How did you set Samsung Pay as your default NFC?

I actually heard the opposite. That Samsung Pay always tried nfc before mst.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Haven't had another chance to try NFC but the number of places MST has worked flawlessly continues to grow. Just wish there was an override option or something, just in case I have an MST error on a machine that has NFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed