Free wireless charger or $50 rebate starts today for Verizon customers signing up for Samsung Pay!!!

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone get a "claim approval" yet?

I keep a pouch on the back of my phone, so I don't think I can charge wirelessly, but what the hay?

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would hope so. But the terms and conditions state the following:

"To participate: (i) activate the Samsung Pay app (must have a Samsung Account to activate) between 10/28/15 and 11/8/15"

I assume most of us activated Samsung Pay before today.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The terms I read on that site said the offer claim just had to be submitted between those dates. I have not gotten a response or approval yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The terms I read on that site said the offer claim just had to be submitted between those dates. I have not gotten a response or approval yet.

Hoping it won't be an issue. I received an email from Samsung confirming they received my claim a few minutes after I submitted online. Said they'd send a follow-up email once it's been approved.

troutspinner

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just signed up and received the same email. I already have a wireless charger but free is free right. Now I can have a charger next to my bed and at my desk.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just signed up and received the same email. I already have a wireless charger but free is free right. Now I can have a charger next to my bed and at my desk.

I'm just glad that Samsung and Verizon decided to take care of VZW customers who missed out on the original promo.

I've got four fast wireless chargers now (2 Samsung and 2 Choetechs). One for the office and three around the house. Very convenient.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm just glad that Samsung and Verizon decided to take care of VZW customers who missed out on the original promo.

I've got four fast wireless chargers now (2 Samsung and 2 Choetechs). One for the office and three around the house. Very convenient.

I suspect that Samsung will repeat this promotion over and over
until all eligible phones are signed up with Samsung Pay.

Now that I think about it, how does Samsung Pay make money
for Samsung? Do they get a cut of the credit card transaction?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
after submission, I got an email... but when I checked status, it's still no approved.

I have already started using Samsung Pay. The clerk was not amused. She actually tried to push my phone away because she claimed it wouldn't work. I insisted and got the "Approved" message within 2 seconds. Yet she still insisted on seeing my credit card.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
after submission, I got an email... but when I checked status, it's still no approved.

I have already started using Samsung Pay. The clerk was not amused. She actually tried to push my phone away because she claimed it wouldn't work. I insisted and got the "Approved" message within 2 seconds. Yet she still insisted on seeing my credit card.

I've seen that a couple times. Clerks just being too stubborn or one Starbucks cashier who actually started yelling that I had hacked his terminal and I probably had a stolen credit card (didn't help that to get Samsung Pay to work you have to reach out to their screens to make it work since they have the card swipe there).

But I did get one that actually helped when the reader wouldn't recognize the phone. He knew that for those to work you had to place your phone on the side rather than on top. That guy even refused to take my card until we got it working, even though there was a line hehe. Pretty funny.

brshamblin

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm where to buy the Samsung Charger for the Verizon $50 rebate? My local Verizon corporate store doesn't stock them, then said that they weren't eligible - go to an authorized retailer. So I went to Z-Wireless, they don't stock them either, and said that I should go to a corporate store. I said they sent me to Z-Wireless, then they sent me to Best Buy. Bought one at Best Buy, submitted receipt, and Samsung said "Your purchase did not occur at a participating Verizon retail location". So returned it to Best Buy. Has anyone successfully submitted the rebate, and where did you purchase the charger?