If I'm using Samsung Pay all the time, is there any reason to keep NFC on? I don't use NFC function for anything else on my phone. Just wondering.
    11-01-2015 03:45 PM
    If I'm using Samsung Pay all the time, is there any reason to keep NFC on? I don't use NFC function for anything else on my phone. Just wondering.
    Samsung pay will turn it on for you while you're attempting payment so yes, you can turn it off
    11-01-2015 03:47 PM
    Samsung pay will turn it on for you while you're attempting payment so yes, you can turn it off
    It does? I thought the whole point of Samsung Pay was so that it uses MST? I didn't notice the NFC getting switched on while I was at the store, but I probably didn't pay any attention to it. Does Samsung Pay turn NFC off after the transaction is complete?
    11-01-2015 04:24 PM
    Some people on the forum have NFC disabled and use Samsung Pay, so they say.
    11-01-2015 04:28 PM
    I keep NFC off, and when I initiate Samsung Pay the app turns on NFC while I'm trying to complete a transaction. It then turns NFC off when it's done.
    20blks likes this.
    11-01-2015 04:47 PM
    The point is that if it detects an NFC reader and you put your phone in proximity of that NFC reader, then that processes the payment. However, if it can't find Nfc and you put phone near the mag stripe, then that's when Mst comes into play. Try it at a place that doesn't use NFC, you'll see what I mean.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2015 04:58 PM
    When you swipe your card up, the phone automatically turns on NFC and when you are done, it turns off NFC. I always keep my NFC turned OFF. There is no point in keeping NFC on.
    20blks likes this.
    11-01-2015 06:10 PM
    When you swipe your card up, the phone automatically turns on NFC and when you are done, it turns off NFC. I always keep my NFC turned OFF. There is no point in keeping NFC on.
    what? so you don't bump your phone with some random stranger on the street and swap music and stuff via NFC?(like in Samsung TV commercials)
    srz1977 likes this.
    11-01-2015 08:24 PM
    what? so you don't bump your phone with some random stranger on the street and swap music and stuff via NFC?(like in Samsung TV commercials)
    lol

I have transferred files from my previous Samsungs to my new Samsungs that way lol
    11-01-2015 08:27 PM
    lol

I have transferred files from my previous Samsungs to my new Samsungs that way lol
    I'm still waiting to meet a random hot woman on the street and bump our phones together.... I feel like the Samsung TV commercial made it too easy to hook up with women on the street just by having NFC-enabled phones.
    Mr_Bugman and Kelly Kearns like this.
    11-01-2015 08:58 PM