03-24-2016 10:13 AM
116 1234 ...
tools
    Did you talk to Samsung or Samsung Pay?

Also I would call back, get a supervisor and of they can't help, ask them to transfer you to the next level of tech support.
    I talked to both Samsung and Samsung Pay for over 2 hours and at least 3 levels of support. All I got was "they have no idea" and a hang up on their part. Nothing they suggested did anything other than cause me to have to completely reset my phone twice after factory resets.
    11-05-2015 11:30 AM
    I talked to both Samsung and Samsung Pay for over 2 hours and at least 3 levels of support. All I got was "they have no idea" and a hang up on their part. Nothing they suggested did anything other than cause me to have to completely reset my phone twice after factory resets.
    You need to ask them to escalate to a ticket.
    11-05-2015 11:37 AM
    You need to ask them to escalate to a ticket.
    I have found a better, less time consuming solution. I will simply not use Samsung Pay.
    11-05-2015 11:46 AM
    I have found a better, less time consuming solution. I will simply not use Samsung Pay.
    Well there is an issue and you aren't the only one with it. Escalating it and people calling Samsung is the only thing that will get it the attention needed for them to be required to investigate it. After a certain number of reports of an issue, an automatic investigation is triggered.
    11-05-2015 11:48 AM
    Well there is an issue and you aren't the only one with it. Escalating it and people calling Samsung is the only thing that will get it the attention needed for them to be required to investigate it. After a certain number of reports of an issue, an automatic investigation is triggered.
    I agree there is an issue but I am not convinced it is a Samsung issue. In working with Samsung Support for over 2 hrs. and doing my own digging around in my phone I am thinking the issue is really a Verizon issue. An artifact from their actively blocking and then trying to undo the blocking and doing it poorly. The hint for me is the fact that doing a factory reset which reports and error that the Preload directory that is in fact on the phone can't be found during reset. But then how would a "simple" consumer know more than Verizon.
    11-05-2015 11:56 AM
    I agree there is an issue but I am not convinced it is a Samsung issue. In working with Samsung Support for over 2 hrs. and doing my own digging around in my phone I am thinking the issue is really a Verizon issue. An artifact from their actively blocking and then trying to undo the blocking and doing it poorly. The hint for me is the fact that doing a factory reset which reports and error that the Preload directory that is in fact on the phone can't be found during reset. But then what would a "simple" consumer know anything.
    It is possible it is Verizon, but the above in my post still applies, need the reports, but Samsung probably needs to be involved too.

I wondered about the issue with people that side loaded and then Verizon blocked it. Some Verizon people on here aren't having an issue. That is why I asked if the ones having the issue, sideloaded the app before Verizon approved to use allow Samsung Pay.
    11-05-2015 11:59 AM
    It is possible it is Verizon, but the above in my post still applies, need the reports, but Samsung probably needs to be involved too.

I wondered about the issue with people that side loaded and then Verizon blocked it. Some Verizon people on here aren't having an issue. That is why I asked if the ones having the issue, sideloaded the app before Verizon approved to use allow Samsung Pay.
    In answer to your question. I did side load the Framework apk. And once loaded you can't ever remove it. And I am not sure the official framework did, in fact, replace the side loaded version. I would love to burn the original OS onto the phone replacing the current version and truly start from scratch.
    11-05-2015 12:02 PM
    In my area there is a Samsung booth at my local Best Buy. If you have that in your area, you could stop by and show the problem to the Samsung reps there.
    11-05-2015 12:03 PM
    I use Best Buy a lot, but personally, I think this is above their knowledge and experience.
    11-05-2015 12:06 PM
    Most of the time, I know more about my phone than the Samsung rep. He always asks me questions and I teach him something new about each phone, each time I go in.
    11-05-2015 12:07 PM
    Can't remember from all the posts.. Had people having the issue tried a wipe cache?

Also are any that are having the issue, people that side loaded the app when it went live?
    I restarted. I wiped cache (twice). I don't know anything else to do. It's dead.
    11-05-2015 12:55 PM
    I restarted. I wiped cache (twice). I don't know anything else to do. It's dead.
    Did you install Samsung Pay before Verizon allowed it?
    11-05-2015 12:56 PM
    And I had not loaded any side APK before. I did it straight up. Mine started yesterday before I updated. I figured it wouldn't work till upated so I tried it.
    11-05-2015 12:57 PM
    In answer to your question. I did side load the Framework apk. And once loaded you can't ever remove it. And I am not sure the official framework did, in fact, replace the side loaded version. I would love to burn the original OS onto the phone replacing the current version and truly start from scratch.
    Ok, that might be the issue, the sideload.

You want a fresh install, you can do this, one way. Unless you are near Atlanta, Dallas or LA, you will have to send it in.

Tell them you had an issue with the last update, they can remove the OS, completely and do a fresh install. You can only have this done at a Samsung Center, not Best Buy. Only Samsung can remove the OS. Upside, great new install, complete with current updates and they will also check your phone top to bottom in case there is any other issue brewing you aren't aware of.
    11-05-2015 01:00 PM
    And I had not loaded any side APK before. I did it straight up. Mine started yesterday before I updated. I figured it wouldn't work till upated so I tried it.
    Yesterday was your first install?
    11-05-2015 01:04 PM
    Ok, if one is not having the issue and didn't sideload, there is the possibility of a corrupted download.

Two ways to fix a corrupted download.

Removing the OS and fresh install.

Switching out the phone under warranty.
    11-05-2015 01:06 PM
    Yesterday was your first install?
    No I had installed Samsung Pay on the first day it hit the store. Been using it ever since. No problems at all.

Yesterday at Arby's I did my fingerprint and it said had to update. I did and now can't register the pin.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2015 01:10 PM
    No I had installed Samsung Pay on the first day it hit the store. Been using it ever since. No problems at all.

Yesterday at Arby's I did my fingerprint and it said had to update. I did and now can't register the pin.

Umm.. Did you try a reset? You will have to reset it before sending on to Samsung or getting Verizon to do a warranty exchange anyway.

After that, if a reset doesn't work, a OS removal or exchange is the only options I know.

If you reset, remove your Google accounts before resetting. Set it up as a new device.
    11-05-2015 01:20 PM
    Umm.. Did you try a reset? You will have to reset it before sending on to Samsung or getting Verizon to do a warranty exchange anyway.

After that, if a reset doesn't work, a OS removal or exchange is the only options I know.

If you reset, remove your Google accounts before resetting. Set it up as a new device.
    I did a wipe cache. Rebooted. Etc. Not going to do a factory reset. I'll just not use it. We did nothing wrong but do what the app said, update. Maybe something will change on an update and start working.

11-05-2015 01:32 PM
    I did a wipe cache. Rebooted. Etc. Not going to do a factory reset. I'll just not use it. We did nothing wrong but do what the app said, update. Maybe something will change on an update and start working.

The issue is, several Verizon users aren't having this issue.

There is no guarantee of course, but that doesn't look like a bug but more of an update problem with some phones or something else..
    11-05-2015 01:42 PM
    I'm going delete Samsung Pay and start over. See if that works

11-05-2015 02:02 PM
    Update. I deleted Samsung Pay. Re installed it. When it got to verification it gave option to skip and just use pin code. I tried that and it just spins and spins. Never goes to keypad. Then I tried fingerprint. Same thing as before. Nothing.

Guess it's dead... Was fun for two weeks anyway

11-05-2015 02:28 PM
    Well then the only two options I know of, is the above.. Send the phone in or do a warranty exchange.
    11-05-2015 02:31 PM
    Well then the only two options I know of, is the above.. Send the phone in or do a warranty exchange.
    The rest of the phone works fine. Just this s pay thing.

11-05-2015 02:34 PM
    If you never want to use Samsung Pay, no problem.
    11-05-2015 02:52 PM
116 1234 ...