03-24-2016 10:13 AM
116 12345
tools
    Ok, that might be the issue, the sideload.

You want a fresh install, you can do this, one way. Unless you are near Atlanta, Dallas or LA, you will have to send it in.

Tell them you had an issue with the last update, they can remove the OS, completely and do a fresh install. You can only have this done at a Samsung Center, not Best Buy. Only Samsung can remove the OS. Upside, great new install, complete with current updates and they will also check your phone top to bottom in case there is any other issue brewing you aren't aware of.
    Thanks for the information.
    While I take responsibility for choosing to side-load there are others who have not and have the same issue. So your observation of a corrupted download of the upgrade makes lots of sense.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-05-2015 03:05 PM
    And that is the thing about a corrupted download.. You have to have the OS removed and not just reflashed.
    11-05-2015 03:06 PM
    Thanks for the information.
    While I take responsibility for choosing to side-load there are others who have not and have the same issue. So your observation of a corrupted download of the upgrade makes lots of sense.
    That's true but to have to go through sending Ur phone in and factory resetting and starting over. Geez. No thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-05-2015 03:07 PM
    That's true but to have to go through sending Ur phone in and factory resetting and starting over. Geez. No thanks

Well, since I did a factory reset 3 times yesterday while on the phone with Samsung Support once more won't kill me if I decide to send it in. But with only Samsung Pay not working, I don't think I will do it at this point.
    11-05-2015 03:10 PM

Or an exchange if you aren't near a walk in Samsung Center or don't want to send it in.

You can usually give it back in about 7 days total, 5 business days.
    And Samsung might have more walk in centers now, their plan is to open more. You can call and ask them where they have them.
    Some info and the site..

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=Y1kGQc_0
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay-1446758122007.jpg   Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay-1446758132480.jpg  
    11-05-2015 03:15 PM
    So is everyone having the issue on Verizon?
    I don't have an issue or on Verizon, but thought I'd chime in. I'm on t-mobile, got the update this morning. It seems fine, I go to use the card (haven't actually tried) and it looks like it will go through fine if I did use it. It's waiting for me to put the phone by a card reader. I used my fingerprint.
    11-05-2015 05:12 PM
    If you are having the continuous register issue, go in to fingerprints and delete your fingerprints. Then re-register a finger.

If you continue to have the problem, delete any active cards. Then delete all fingerprints and re-add both fingerprints and cards. It seems to be a bug with registered cards and fingerprints.

This worked on my S6 Edge on Verizon with Citi card. I was cursing the update left and right until I figured out that it was the fingerprints causing the problem.
    11-05-2015 11:17 PM
    I can't even get in the app to delete cards until I setup pin... Something it won't let me do.
    11-06-2015 07:01 AM
    I can't even get in the app to delete cards until I setup pin... Something it won't let me do.
    Did you try deleting the fingerprints on your phone first?
    11-06-2015 07:17 AM
    Did you try deleting the fingerprints on your phone first?
    Yeah removed fingerprints and then tried again, same thing.

Even removed Samsung Pay app and reinstalled it, same thing.
    11-06-2015 08:01 AM
    Just gonna update and leave it at that. Can't use any of my cards yet as Wells Fargo and Chase haven't adopted the App yet. Bummer!!
    20blks likes this.
    11-06-2015 08:07 AM
    Still waiting for NFCU or USAA to turn it on. NFCU announced support for it but still not accepting my card.
    11-06-2015 09:49 AM
    Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon. I still haven't seen any framework update and just used Samsung Pay a few minutes ago without issue.

11-06-2015 01:31 PM
    Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon. I still haven't seen any framework update and just used Samsung Pay a few minutes ago without issue.

I wonder if Samsung or Verizon has pulled the update.
    11-06-2015 02:11 PM
    I just tried to delete and re install. It prompted me to update first thing. When I deleted I could only delete Samsung Pay. Not the framework.

It's the update that added the pin functionality. When you try to verify your fingerprint it just keeps recycling back to ask you again over and over. When you try to skip fingerprint and just do pin it just spins and spins before timing out.

I (we) have tried deleting all fingerprints and doing new ones. Doing it with no fingerprints and just pin. Deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.

It's so disappointing to not be able to us it after using it for a couple of weeks.

11-06-2015 03:05 PM
    Open Samsung Pay, go to settings, About Samsung Pay and then pull the update.
    11-06-2015 03:13 PM
    Open Samsung Pay, go to settings, About Samsung Pay and then pull the update.
    If one have this issue one can't open Samsung Pay to any place other than the Fingerprint verify page to add a PIN and of course the secure keypad is dead so one is in an endless loop. Hence one can't get to the settings page for Samsung Pay.
    vm81 likes this.
    11-07-2015 11:20 AM
    I just tried to delete and re install. It prompted me to update first thing. When I deleted I could only delete Samsung Pay. Not the framework.

It's the update that added the pin functionality. When you try to verify your fingerprint it just keeps recycling back to ask you again over and over. When you try to skip fingerprint and just do pin it just spins and spins before timing out.

I (we) have tried deleting all fingerprints and doing new ones. Doing it with no fingerprints and just pin. Deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.

It's so disappointing to not be able to us it after using it for a couple of weeks.

I agree. I have also done all of these things. Contacted Samsung Pay Support via email and got a reply after several days saying that they had resolved the issue and I should just reinstall Samsung Pay and everything would be fine. NOT! I also spent over 2 hours with Samsung and Samsung Support groups with 5 different people and 3 levels of support and they just finally gave up and said "goodbye, thank you for calling".
    11-07-2015 11:24 AM
    I agree. I have also done all of these things. Contacted Samsung Pay Support via email and got a reply after several days saying that they had resolved the issue and I should just reinstall Samsung Pay and everything would be fine. NOT! I also spent over 2 hours with Samsung and Samsung Support groups with 5 different people and 3 levels of support and they just finally gave up and said "goodbye, thank you for calling".
    Oh you need to call Samsung Pay and get a supervisor, not just email.

Need a number for Samsung Pay?
    11-07-2015 11:26 AM

No thank you on the phone number. And the only thing I need to do is eventually die.
    11-07-2015 11:52 AM

I'd take it if they could fix it without telling me to factory reset my phone.

11-07-2015 12:03 PM
    If one have this issue one can't open Samsung Pay to any place other than the Fingerprint verify page to add a PIN and of course the secure keypad is dead so one is in an endless loop. Hence one can't get to the settings page for Samsung Pay.
    Agree, it's like the pin keypad is dead. Just an endless loop. No settings.

I tried to skip the update but it just won't install when trying from scratch

11-07-2015 12:05 PM
    I'd take it if they could fix it without telling me to factory reset my phone.

Following the instructions of the Samsung Pay and Samsung support people I factory reset my phone 4 times and it didn't fix anything. Apparently the Samsung Pay Framework isn't affected by a factory reset because it seems becomes part of the permanent OS and of the OS backup also (this is my non-tecky opinion based on my experience only).
    11-07-2015 02:19 PM
116 12345