Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This morning I got an automatic update from Samsung (no options to not install) that updated the Samsung Pay Framework to require and setup a 4 numeral PIN as a backup to Fingerprint authentication when using Samsung Pay. The only problem is that the screen to enter a PIN freezes and doesn't allow a PIN to be entered. Without the PIN verification Samsung Pay no longer works.
Anyone else get the update? Does it work for you?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
On Verizon Note 5. Got the update and it installed without a hitch. All appears to be working fine. Haven't tried to make a payment yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I did the update today and registered a pin. Didn't have any problems. Of course I still use the fingerprint instead of a pin. I dont think I would ever use a pin.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
That is disappointing for me. I am on Verizon and after 3 hrs. on the phone with Samsung Support have no solution. After the 3rd call back by Samsung they failed to call back the 4th time as promised. No love here.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That is disappointing for me. I am on Verizon and after 3 hrs. on the phone with Samsung Support have no solution. After the 3rd call back by Samsung they failed to call back the 4th time as promised. No love here.

Did you talk to Samsung or Samsung Pay?

Also I would call back, get a supervisor and of they can't help, ask them to transfer you to the next level of tech support.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine screwed up too. It tries to get me to register my pin but asks for my fingerprint to verify. I try but it just keeps going back to the page saying register. I hit register, it asks for fingerprint and the circle continues. Can't use at all now

Cl3arCh0ice

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Add mine to the no longer working list. I got a message that said "Update Failed" and thats about it. Not sure if it matter but i am on a VZW note 5

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I updated Samsung Pay, registered the PIN, everything seems OK. I activated as if I was making a payment and it was doing what it should do. Both fingerprint and pin