Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine screwed up too. It tries to get me to register my pin but asks for my fingerprint to verify. I try but it just keeps going back to the page saying register. I hit register, it asks for fingerprint and the circle continues. Can't use at all now

Posted via the Android Central App
Same here. I can't get it to register the pin.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just updated and added PIN. No problems. I don't have a card registered yet, but that may not be a concern for the problem some are experiencing. I wonder if Samsung fixed some backend problems so that now the update and PIN addition process works properly. Or, this could be an ongoing intermittent issue.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried uninstalling updates and clearing data and now the app is useless. Can't get past the registering pin part. App tries to open secure keyboard and just spins.

UPDATE: I rebooted a few times and then just kept hitting the button to register and it finally worked.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't remember from all the posts.. Had people having the issue tried a wipe cache?

Also are any that are having the issue, people that side loaded the app when it went live?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Did you talk to Samsung or Samsung Pay?

Also I would call back, get a supervisor and of they can't help, ask them to transfer you to the next level of tech support.

I talked to both Samsung and Samsung Pay for over 2 hours and at least 3 levels of support. All I got was "they have no idea" and a hang up on their part. Nothing they suggested did anything other than cause me to have to completely reset my phone twice after factory resets.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I talked to both Samsung and Samsung Pay for over 2 hours and at least 3 levels of support. All I got was "they have no idea" and a hang up on their part. Nothing they suggested did anything other than cause me to have to completely reset my phone twice after factory resets.

You need to ask them to escalate to a ticket.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have found a better, less time consuming solution. I will simply not use Samsung Pay.

Well there is an issue and you aren't the only one with it. Escalating it and people calling Samsung is the only thing that will get it the attention needed for them to be required to investigate it. After a certain number of reports of an issue, an automatic investigation is triggered.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Well there is an issue and you aren't the only one with it. Escalating it and people calling Samsung is the only thing that will get it the attention needed for them to be required to investigate it. After a certain number of reports of an issue, an automatic investigation is triggered.

I agree there is an issue but I am not convinced it is a Samsung issue. In working with Samsung Support for over 2 hrs. and doing my own digging around in my phone I am thinking the issue is really a Verizon issue. An artifact from their actively blocking and then trying to undo the blocking and doing it poorly. The hint for me is the fact that doing a factory reset which reports and error that the Preload directory that is in fact on the phone can't be found during reset. But then how would a "simple" consumer know more than Verizon.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree there is an issue but I am not convinced it is a Samsung issue. In working with Samsung Support for over 2 hrs. and doing my own digging around in my phone I am thinking the issue is really a Verizon issue. An artifact from their actively blocking and then trying to undo the blocking and doing it poorly. The hint for me is the fact that doing a factory reset which reports and error that the Preload directory that is in fact on the phone can't be found during reset. But then what would a "simple" consumer know anything.

It is possible it is Verizon, but the above in my post still applies, need the reports, but Samsung probably needs to be involved too.

I wondered about the issue with people that side loaded and then Verizon blocked it. Some Verizon people on here aren't having an issue. That is why I asked if the ones having the issue, sideloaded the app before Verizon approved to use allow Samsung Pay.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It is possible it is Verizon, but the above in my post still applies, need the reports, but Samsung probably needs to be involved too.

I wondered about the issue with people that side loaded and then Verizon blocked it. Some Verizon people on here aren't having an issue. That is why I asked if the ones having the issue, sideloaded the app before Verizon approved to use allow Samsung Pay.

In answer to your question. I did side load the Framework apk. And once loaded you can't ever remove it. And I am not sure the official framework did, in fact, replace the side loaded version. I would love to burn the original OS onto the phone replacing the current version and truly start from scratch.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
In my area there is a Samsung booth at my local Best Buy. If you have that in your area, you could stop by and show the problem to the Samsung reps there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Most of the time, I know more about my phone than the Samsung rep. He always asks me questions and I teach him something new about each phone, each time I go in.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
And I had not loaded any side APK before. I did it straight up. Mine started yesterday before I updated. I figured it wouldn't work till upated so I tried it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
In answer to your question. I did side load the Framework apk. And once loaded you can't ever remove it. And I am not sure the official framework did, in fact, replace the side loaded version. I would love to burn the original OS onto the phone replacing the current version and truly start from scratch.

Ok, that might be the issue, the sideload.

You want a fresh install, you can do this, one way. Unless you are near Atlanta, Dallas or LA, you will have to send it in.

Tell them you had an issue with the last update, they can remove the OS, completely and do a fresh install. You can only have this done at a Samsung Center, not Best Buy. Only Samsung can remove the OS. Upside, great new install, complete with current updates and they will also check your phone top to bottom in case there is any other issue brewing you aren't aware of.