Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if one is not having the issue and didn't sideload, there is the possibility of a corrupted download.

Two ways to fix a corrupted download.

Removing the OS and fresh install.

Switching out the phone under warranty.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday was your first install?

No I had installed Samsung Pay on the first day it hit the store. Been using it ever since. No problems at all.

Yesterday at Arby's I did my fingerprint and it said had to update. I did and now can't register the pin.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No I had installed Samsung Pay on the first day it hit the store. Been using it ever since. No problems at all.

Yesterday at Arby's I did my fingerprint and it said had to update. I did and now can't register the pin.

Umm.. Did you try a reset? You will have to reset it before sending on to Samsung or getting Verizon to do a warranty exchange anyway.

After that, if a reset doesn't work, a OS removal or exchange is the only options I know.

If you reset, remove your Google accounts before resetting. Set it up as a new device.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Umm.. Did you try a reset? You will have to reset it before sending on to Samsung or getting Verizon to do a warranty exchange anyway.

After that, if a reset doesn't work, a OS removal or exchange is the only options I know.

If you reset, remove your Google accounts before resetting. Set it up as a new device.

I did a wipe cache. Rebooted. Etc. Not going to do a factory reset. I'll just not use it. We did nothing wrong but do what the app said, update. Maybe something will change on an update and start working.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did a wipe cache. Rebooted. Etc. Not going to do a factory reset. I'll just not use it. We did nothing wrong but do what the app said, update. Maybe something will change on an update and start working.

The issue is, several Verizon users aren't having this issue.

There is no guarantee of course, but that doesn't look like a bug but more of an update problem with some phones or something else..

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Update. I deleted Samsung Pay. Re installed it. When it got to verification it gave option to skip and just use pin code. I tried that and it just spins and spins. Never goes to keypad. Then I tried fingerprint. Same thing as before. Nothing.

Guess it's dead... Was fun for two weeks anyway

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, that might be the issue, the sideload.

You want a fresh install, you can do this, one way. Unless you are near Atlanta, Dallas or LA, you will have to send it in.

Tell them you had an issue with the last update, they can remove the OS, completely and do a fresh install. You can only have this done at a Samsung Center, not Best Buy. Only Samsung can remove the OS. Upside, great new install, complete with current updates and they will also check your phone top to bottom in case there is any other issue brewing you aren't aware of.

Thanks for the information.
While I take responsibility for choosing to side-load there are others who have not and have the same issue. So your observation of a corrupted download of the upgrade makes lots of sense.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the information.
While I take responsibility for choosing to side-load there are others who have not and have the same issue. So your observation of a corrupted download of the upgrade makes lots of sense.

That's true but to have to go through sending Ur phone in and factory resetting and starting over. Geez. No thanks

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
That's true but to have to go through sending Ur phone in and factory resetting and starting over. Geez. No thanks

Well, since I did a factory reset 3 times yesterday while on the phone with Samsung Support once more won't kill me if I decide to send it in. But with only Samsung Pay not working, I don't think I will do it at this point.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Or an exchange if you aren't near a walk in Samsung Center or don't want to send it in.

You can usually give it back in about 7 days total, 5 business days.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So is everyone having the issue on Verizon?

I don't have an issue or on Verizon, but thought I'd chime in. I'm on t-mobile, got the update this morning. It seems fine, I go to use the card (haven't actually tried) and it looks like it will go through fine if I did use it. It's waiting for me to put the phone by a card reader. I used my fingerprint.

buildingbrains

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
If you are having the continuous register issue, go in to fingerprints and delete your fingerprints. Then re-register a finger.

If you continue to have the problem, delete any active cards. Then delete all fingerprints and re-add both fingerprints and cards. It seems to be a bug with registered cards and fingerprints.

This worked on my S6 Edge on Verizon with Citi card. I was cursing the update left and right until I figured out that it was the fingerprints causing the problem.