Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just gonna update and leave it at that. Can't use any of my cards yet as Wells Fargo and Chase haven't adopted the App yet. Bummer!!

jonesyvoor

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon. I still haven't seen any framework update and just used Samsung Pay a few minutes ago without issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung or Verizon has pulled the update.

I just tried to delete and re install. It prompted me to update first thing. When I deleted I could only delete Samsung Pay. Not the framework.

It's the update that added the pin functionality. When you try to verify your fingerprint it just keeps recycling back to ask you again over and over. When you try to skip fingerprint and just do pin it just spins and spins before timing out.

I (we) have tried deleting all fingerprints and doing new ones. Doing it with no fingerprints and just pin. Deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.

It's so disappointing to not be able to us it after using it for a couple of weeks.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Open Samsung Pay, go to settings, About Samsung Pay and then pull the update.

If one have this issue one can't open Samsung Pay to any place other than the Fingerprint verify page to add a PIN and of course the secure keypad is dead so one is in an endless loop. Hence one can't get to the settings page for Samsung Pay.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to delete and re install. It prompted me to update first thing. When I deleted I could only delete Samsung Pay. Not the framework.

It's the update that added the pin functionality. When you try to verify your fingerprint it just keeps recycling back to ask you again over and over. When you try to skip fingerprint and just do pin it just spins and spins before timing out.

I (we) have tried deleting all fingerprints and doing new ones. Doing it with no fingerprints and just pin. Deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing has worked.

It's so disappointing to not be able to us it after using it for a couple of weeks.

I agree. I have also done all of these things. Contacted Samsung Pay Support via email and got a reply after several days saying that they had resolved the issue and I should just reinstall Samsung Pay and everything would be fine. NOT! I also spent over 2 hours with Samsung and Samsung Support groups with 5 different people and 3 levels of support and they just finally gave up and said "goodbye, thank you for calling".

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I have also done all of these things. Contacted Samsung Pay Support via email and got a reply after several days saying that they had resolved the issue and I should just reinstall Samsung Pay and everything would be fine. NOT! I also spent over 2 hours with Samsung and Samsung Support groups with 5 different people and 3 levels of support and they just finally gave up and said "goodbye, thank you for calling".

Oh you need to call Samsung Pay and get a supervisor, not just email.

Need a number for Samsung Pay?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
If one have this issue one can't open Samsung Pay to any place other than the Fingerprint verify page to add a PIN and of course the secure keypad is dead so one is in an endless loop. Hence one can't get to the settings page for Samsung Pay.

Agree, it's like the pin keypad is dead. Just an endless loop. No settings.

I tried to skip the update but it just won't install when trying from scratch

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'd take it if they could fix it without telling me to factory reset my phone.

Following the instructions of the Samsung Pay and Samsung support people I factory reset my phone 4 times and it didn't fix anything. Apparently the Samsung Pay Framework isn't affected by a factory reset because it seems becomes part of the permanent OS and of the OS backup also (this is my non-tecky opinion based on my experience only).

Earl_E_Adopter

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
After I did the update it it tells me that my US bank debit card is not a registered bank at this time I'm on AT&T and it worked before the update it stopped working

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Not only a Verizon issue, as I just updated my app and now it's doing the never-ending verify with fingerprint. I'm on T-Mobile.

Abhinav Kochhar

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Some help here from reddit forums "My phone no longer let's me sign into my Samsung account whatsoever (Samsung Pay, Themes, etc)
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS6/comments/3s0jzd/my_phone_no_longer_lets_me_sign_into_my_samsung/?ref=search_posts"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair