Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried the reddit site but they say do reactivation unlock lock button verizon we don't have that option evidently. It's from the remote control options through find my mobile and my phone doesn't have those options under security.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I tris the reddit site but they say do reactivation unlock lock button verizon we don't have that option evidently. It's from the remote control options through find my mobile and my phone doesn't have those options under security.

There is no way for me to do it either...

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I did a chat with Samsung support last night and the reactivation lock via remote controls isn't available on the verizon handset. Go figure...

They suggested I reset all app settings via application manager but that enables all disabled apps, resets all apps to default settings, changes background permissions back to default etc etc... I didn't do it

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
It's not an issue of it working or not at a location. We can't even get it to activate by entering a pin after the update

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I did a chat with Samsung support last night and the reactivation lock via remote controls isn't available on the verizon handset. Go figure...

They suggested I reset all app settings via application manager but that enables all disabled apps, resets all apps to default settings, changes background permissions back to default etc etc... I didn't do it

If there was a guarantee this would work, I might even go ahead and do it. The problem is they freakin have no idea whats going to work...so I dont want to go down this route.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If there was a guarantee this would work, I might even go ahead and do it. The problem is they freakin have no idea whats going to work...so I dont want to go down this route.

I don't think this will work because a factory reset also sets all applications to their default state and after going through a factory reset 4 times while following Samsung Support directions I can tell you for a fact that it doesn't correct the problem.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't think this will work because a factory reset also sets all applications to their default state and after going through a factory reset 4 times while following Samsung Support directions I can tell you for a fact that it doesn't correct the problem.

If factory reset didnt work, this will definitely not work. Thanks for letting me know.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I factory reset the phone and it works now.

Basically I was having the same problem after the update...asked to setup pin, but when you use fingerprint to setup pin...it just went into loop to try open keyboard but wasnt able to.

Today I was having some other issues and finally decided to factory reset and samsung pay works now. I uninstalled the samsung pay app first. Then went to applications and restored all applications to original settings. And then factory data reset.

After reset done, I downloaded the app along with all the other apps and did the setup....fingerprint and pin for samsung pay. Added all my cards...it all went without hiccup. I havent used to buy anything yet...but dont think i should have any problem.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone here know that I factory reset the phone and it works now.

Basically I was having the same problem after the update...asked to setup pin, but when you use fingerprint to setup pin...it just went into loop to try open keyboard but wasnt able to.

Today I was having some other issues and finally decided to factory reset and samsung pay works now. I uninstalled the samsung pay app first. Then went to applications and restored all applications to original settings. And then factory data reset.

After reset done, I downloaded the app along with all the other apps and did the setup....fingerprint and pin for samsung pay. Added all my cards...it all went without hiccup. I havent used to buy anything yet...but dont think i should have any problem.

Very interesting. In all the time I was working with Samsung Support groups they never suggested the second step of restoring the default settings to all apps after uninstalling Samsung Pay and finally doing a factory reset. Though since a factory reset also resets all apps to default settings I am unclear how a two step process is different. Kindly let us know how you make out when you actually use Samsung Pay. And congratulations on getting Samsung Pay to run again.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Very interesting. In all the time I was working with Samsung Support groups they never suggested the second step of restoring the default settings to all apps after uninstalling Samsung Pay and finally doing a factory reset. Though since a factory reset also resets all apps to default settings I am unclear how a two step process is different. Kindly let us know how you make out when you actually use Samsung Pay. And congratulations on getting Samsung Pay to run again.

I actually dont think its different...I think factory reset will set everything to default...but since I was doing factor reset once...I just thought lets just throw everything at it...so I did everything I could think of.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be working today. I just used it on a vending machine where I usually had no success

my daily vice is the $2 king-size Kit Kat bar from the vending machine in the break room. I wish Samsung Pay would stop working. Having Samsung Pay on my Note 5 has enabled me to make the purchase by tapping the vending machine's credit card reader(via MST). I almost never have my wallet with me because it's in my desk drawer... I almost never keep loose change or paper money in my pocket. Previously, I had to walk all the way back to my desk on the other side of the building, retrieve my credit card and walk all the way back to make the purchase. Sometimes my craving is just not that bad. Since I ALWAYS have my Note 5 with me, now I can make the purchase anytime. Bad Samsung Pay!

Jed Quirimit

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I updated my samsung pay and I was stuck in the endless loop thing as everyone here was having.
I went to the setting and deleted ALL my saved fingerprint for the lock screen and then I clicked on "Use with Samsung Pay" and had to register a fingerprint. Then the settings came out for Samsung Pay, I clicked on "Change Samsung Pay PIN" and registered a pin. The device said that it would have had to reset the Samsung Pay and I said ok. Then I turned on the "Fingerprint verification" option. Then I opened Samsung Pay and was able to use the pin I registered and such. Hope this works for others like it did to mine.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated my samsung pay and I was stuck in the endless loop thing as everyone here was having.
I went to the setting and deleted ALL my saved fingerprint for the lock screen and then I clicked on "Use with Samsung Pay" and had to register a fingerprint. Then the settings came out for Samsung Pay, I clicked on "Change Samsung Pay PIN" and registered a pin. The device said that it would have had to reset the Samsung Pay and I said ok. Then I turned on the "Fingerprint verification" option. Then I opened Samsung Pay and was able to use the pin I registered and such. Hope this works for others like it did to mine.

Unfortunately for me when I got done registering the print, Samsung Pay opened at the set a PIN and back to the endless loop. Glad it worked for you though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1