Samsung Pay Framework update crashes Samsung Pay

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just received another update. I don't know what it did and I haven't used it yet

Last update broke it for me to a point where I had to factory reset to get it to work again. Going to wait this time around till people on Verizon confirm it works.

Posted via the Android Central App

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Last update broke it for me to a point where I had to factory reset to get it to work again. Going to wait this time around till people on Verizon confirm it works.

I upgraded to version 1.3.3216 a couple nights ago. No issues with the upgrade and the app is working fine. And yes, I'm on VZW.

kiliman3970

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I also had the same issue you had. I'm on AT&T and activated Samsung Pay the first day it launched. Everything worked great with my fingerprint and AmEx card.

When the update came out, it would prompt me to register a PIN, then it asked to verify my fingerprint, then went back to register PIN, an infinite loop. As you said, no way to get into the app to change settings, remove card, etc.

Anyway, I went into Application Manager and selected Samsung Pay and tapped Uninstall Updates. When I launched Samsung Pay again, it asked me to Install. After installing, it went through the whole startup sequence again.

This time when it asked if I wanted to verify with my Fingerprint, I said no. (NOTE: I did not remove my fingerprints). It then asked me to enter a PIN and confirm it. I was then able to add my card back in and validate it. Once that was complete, I went back into settings and re-enabled fingerprint validation.

So far everything seems to be working. Not sure if going through Application Manager helped or not. I had not tried anything previous either.

Well good luck.

Kiliman

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I also had the same issue you had. I'm on AT&T and activated Samsung Pay the first day it launched. Everything worked great with my fingerprint and AmEx card.

When the update came out, it would prompt me to register a PIN, then it asked to verify my fingerprint, then went back to register PIN, an infinite loop. As you said, no way to get into the app to change settings, remove card, etc.

Anyway, I went into Application Manager and selected Samsung Pay and tapped Uninstall Updates. When I launched Samsung Pay again, it asked me to Install. After installing, it went through the whole startup sequence again.

This time when it asked if I wanted to verify with my Fingerprint, I said no. (NOTE: I did not remove my fingerprints). It then asked me to enter a PIN and confirm it. I was then able to add my card back in and validate it. Once that was complete, I went back into settings and re-enabled fingerprint validation.

So far everything seems to be working. Not sure if going through Application Manager helped or not. I had not tried anything previous either.

Well good luck.

Kiliman

Unfortunately for folks on VZW Samsung Pay was not preloaded so there is no option to remove updates. The only option is to remove Samsung Pay App all together and then re-download and re-install the latest version which gets you right back to the endless loop issue.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you think an update if there ever is one from Verizon will fix the problem for us that got screwed with the update that crashed spay?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you think an update if there ever is one from Verizon will fix the problem for us that got screwed with the update that crashed spay?

If everything goes as expected I think Verizon will have a patch for Android 5 available 6 months after 6.0 is on our phones LOL

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've removed Samsung pay but I can't un install the framework. Only option is to force stop. Can't even Uninstall updates.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've removed Samsung pay but I can't un install the framework. Only option is to force stop. Can't even Uninstall updates.

That is the real crux of the problems. The Framework once installed can't be removed or even disabled by the user. Thus the user can uninstall the Pay app and start fresh the required Framework apk can't be renewed by the user.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung pushed an update to my Verizon Note 5 this morning which included updates for Scrapbook, S Note, TTS, Galaxy Apps, Surround Shot, Extension Pack and the Samsung Pay Framework (ver. 01.29.009) but Samsung Pay still is locked when I try to install the required backup password.

YNWA-LFC

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pushed an update to my Verizon Note 5 this morning which included updates for Scrapbook, S Note, TTS, Galaxy Apps, Surround Shot, Extension Pack and the Samsung Pay Framework (ver. 01.29.009) but Samsung Pay still is locked when I try to install the required backup password.

You wouldn't by any chance be able to extract that apk, would you?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
In prepping for the upgrade to Android ver. 6 I was backing up data, etc. Normally I do absolutely everything with my Note 5 using the S pen, but in the process of doing the above I used my finger instead of the S pen to try and enter the PIN into Samsung Pay and it worked!!! I tried doing it with the S pen and the keypad was seemingly dead, tried my thumb and it worked again. After the upgrade I tried using both the S pen and my finger with Samsung Pay and in every case the keypad was dead to the S pen but worked perfectly to human touch. Who would have thought? But once again I can use Samsung Pay.

baylensman

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
i also am on Verizon. the Samsung Pay app doesn't allow me to get past the enter PIN screen either. I have a lifeproof case and decided to use pin#'s for everything just in case. i was able to get past the screen once when i first installed the app about 6 weeks ago. I also had the update since. Samsung did a remote factory reset on my phone (what a pain relaoding all other apps). The app loaded fine and worked registered my card logged a new PIN . the next time i brought up the app I allowed it to update (DON'T DO THIS) and now its back to the endless loading circle when i try to input my PIN. maybe the next update due out April 15th (Marshmallow?) will fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca