Can't add BoA card to Samsung Pay

Huy Ly

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! If you all have the time, could you guys help me get Samsung Pay to work on my T-Mobile Note 5?

I've researched the internet and multiple forums for help with Samsung Pay and I know that your phone has to be unencrypted to work. My phone is unencrypted. I even removed my university email (for some reason Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync needs to be a device admin) from the device manager and from the device, rebooted, and tried to add the card again. I've cleared the data and cache for both the Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay framework app to see if that would help, but no go. I've tried adding my BoA credit card over wifi at home, wifi at school and my data but neither work. It keeps telling me that the server could not be reached. I've been trying to add my card for over a week and a half now. Samsung support and BoA keep telling me it's the other party's fault.

Oh and I also have Android Pay activated on this phone and the Board credit card works with it

Any ideas? Thanks!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! If you all have the time, could you guys help me get Samsung Pay to work on my T-Mobile Note 5?

I've researched the internet and multiple forums for help with Samsung Pay and I know that your phone has to be unencrypted to work. My phone is unencrypted. I even removed my university email (for some reason Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync needs to be a device admin) from the device manager and from the device, rebooted, and tried to add the card again. I've cleared the data and cache for both the Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay framework app to see if that would help, but no go. I've tried adding my BoA credit card over wifi at home, wifi at school and my data but neither work. It keeps telling me that the server could not be reached. I've been trying to add my card for over a week and a half now. Samsung support and BoA keep telling me it's the other party's fault.

Oh and I also have Android Pay activated on this phone and the Board credit card works with it

Any ideas? Thanks!

Is your phone encrypted? If it is then you must unencrypt it first, add your cards and the re-encrypt.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry about my previous post as I missed that it was unencrypted or read about it and totally forgot it by the end of your post.

Anyways, you mentioned that you have cleared cache and data on both Samsung Pay and Framework but have you uninstalled updates on Samsung pay? If not try by clearing cache and data from Samsung pay Framework then Uninstall all updates from samsung pay, reboot your device and then try opening the Samsung pay app again and it should update the app, after that see if it works.

Huy Ly

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about my previous post as I missed that it was unencrypted or read about it and totally forgot it by the end of your post.

Anyways, you mentioned that you have cleared cache and data on both Samsung Pay and Framework but have you uninstalled updates on Samsung pay? If not try by clearing cache and data from Samsung pay Framework then Uninstall all updates from samsung pay, reboot your device and then try opening the Samsung pay app again and it should update the app, after that see if it works.

I just tried it. I cleared the cache and data for both applications, wentta into Google play and uninstalled the update, rebooted the device. I opened up the app and I accepted the update but I still have the same error after adding my card.

Huy Ly

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I did a factory reset just to see if it was a phone issue by going into the recovery manager. Once that was done, I set the phone up as new and did not sync any previous data. I immediately went to the samsung pay app and tried to add my boa cards (credit and debit) but I still have the connection error. Is this something related to my phone or to the service it self?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to the BOA website and check the digital registrations for that card and see if anything looks funny there. Its at the bottom of the 3d tab for Information and Services on that account.

Huy Ly

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Go to the BOA website and check the digital registrations for that card and see if anything looks funny there. Its at the bottom of the 3d tab for Information and Services on that account.

My BoA credit card was listed twice under Android pay on their website and I removed everything. I'll give it a day or so before I try to add the card.

On a side note, I called Samsung Pay support again and the technician recommended that I go to my local Samsung Experience store in a Best Buy near by for help. The Samsung representative there said that they would be able to flash the OS back to my phone. She was able to do it, but I don't really think it did much because none of my data was wiped and the Samsung Pay app was not reset. Same error still. At this point, by the end of the week or next week, I'm going to exchange my Note 5 out for another one at T-Mobile.