I have a confession

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi, my name is Marc. I'm addicted to using Samsung pay. I often find myself going into stores to buy things I don't really need just to use S-pay. I'm addicted to the line "that doesn't work here......beeep (payment approved). Thanks for listening people [takes seat and waits for next confession]

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
About the only thing I can "confess" to is that a lot of store clerks know less about how their credit terminals work than the shopping carts know. We've heard not only "that doesn't work here", but an accusation that someone was trying to steal customer information from the terminal (and the police were called).

Wake up, world, it's 2015, not 2005.

deibid

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I confess that there has been at least one day in recent memory where the only thing that went smoothly for me that day... was that my Samsung Pay transaction went smoothly to much adulation by an unsuspecting cashier.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
well... the OP is not as bad as that American Express Centurion cardmember
who pulls out her black card 42 times a day and make random purchases
just to show off the card. :)

AMEX-centurion-black-card.jpg

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

actually, I have been wondering about the AmEx black card and Samsung Pay.

Since AmEx is supported, I assume that it's possible to register the black card on a Note 5.

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the black card? (i.e. to show off?) The merchant will never see your black card when you're checking out using the Note 5 or any compatible phone. :)

Oh well.. I probably don't need to worry about this until my next $17 million comes in? :D :D :D