Just curious if anyone else is having issues with SP and their Navy Federal debit card? I've used SP now 6 times and it's only been successful once. The other times it says denied. Anyone else having issues?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-06-2015 02:41 PM
    Yes I have had one successful transaction too, out of at least 15. I've called NFCU and Samsung support and everyone keeps saying it looks right on their ends.

12-06-2015 03:25 PM
    I have the same problem, and on nfcu as well. I contacted navyfed, they pointed to samsung. I haven't called Samsung yet, just haven't had time.

Navy fed called me back today and told me it was a processing problem, which they claim means it's a Samsung issue
    12-06-2015 06:57 PM
    I received an email back from Samsung. They told me it's on Navy Federal's end. If not to wipe cache and data from the app. We'll see I guess.

12-07-2015 11:00 AM
    I did a factory reset, reinstalled sampay and tried last night at cracker barrel, still didn't work.
    12-07-2015 02:29 PM
    I did a factory reset, reinstalled sampay and tried last night at cracker barrel, still didn't work.
    Is that card registered on android pay?
    erasat likes this.
    12-07-2015 03:57 PM
    Yes, it is register with android pay? Are you saying that I should delete it? Technically, it's not registered on the phone, but was previously registered prior to factory reset.
    12-08-2015 05:21 PM
    Yes, it is register with android pay? Are you saying that I should delete it? Technically, it's not registered on the phone, but was previously registered prior to factory reset.
    Yes. Some cards won't allow you to register with both
    12-08-2015 06:04 PM
    I received an email back from Navy Fed.

Thank you for using Navy Federal Online. We are aware of an issue impacting the approval of some debit card transactions through Samsung Pay. We are diligently researching the cause of the issue and appreciate your patience while we work towards a solution. Alternatively, if you receive a denial when attempting to use Samsung Pay, please swipe your card and checkout as usual. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Now at least we know they are aware of it and working on it.

12-09-2015 08:53 AM
    I've been wondering the same thing since I've not had a single successful. I too had previously used android pay but have uninstalled it from the phone. Also factory reset has not helped it at all. Funny thing is my navy fed credit card (which was under android pay as well) works great every time so I think the card being under android and samsung pay is debunked.

Interested to get any updates on this. Would love to get rid of the fear of looking like a dummy with their phone and then having the cashier tell me that phone tapping (NFC) doesn't work on their Card-Only terminals. Would be too much to try and explain that it should be working because blah blah blah. Smh the struggle is real.
    12-10-2015 01:53 PM
    I did an NFC Samsung pay transaction today and it worked flawlessly. Still can't get MST to work, so I almost wonder if it's the case on my phone. It's a spigen neo hybrid
    12-10-2015 04:47 PM
    Took the case off and haven't had an issue since. Transactions have gone through flawlessly.
    Abhinav Kochhar likes this.
    12-11-2015 08:59 PM
    Well I just received this from NFCU. Glad they got it fixed.

@NavyFederal: @nRODwetrust We have an update! We've confirmed & fixed the issue with Samsung Pay & debit cards. Let us know if you have further problems!

12-14-2015 11:54 AM