I can't get it to work using the License trick to get the pump to take Samsung pay. But I am probably doing it all wrong. Someone who has gotten it to work, please help the rest of us (me) out with some pictures or even better a video of success!
    12-26-2015 07:49 PM
    I'm one of the one's who successfully got the license trick to work, but since I only have two hands and don't typically bring people with me to the gas station I can't upload a video or picture. However here is a link to the LoopPay video that I learned the technique from. Just use your phone in place of the LoopPay device.
    jorge628 likes this.
    01-04-2016 04:27 AM
    I'm one of the one's who successfully got the license trick to work, but since I only have two hands and don't typically bring people with me to the gas station I can't upload a video or picture. However here is a link to the LoopPay video that I learned the technique from. Just use your phone in place of the LoopPay device.
    What gas station did you do it at?
    01-04-2016 08:16 AM
    Just did this at 7-11 and it worked!
    01-04-2016 03:40 PM
    Also works at a new sheetz store. But my local old sheetz doesn't work at any of the pumps.
    01-09-2016 07:59 AM
    There is a switch in the back of the card reader that needs triggered before the magnetic head turns on to accept the input from Samsung pay. Any card will work to trigger this switch, but the problems that I had stem from the fact that some pump readers won't pick up the signal.
    01-09-2016 07:18 PM
    There is a switch in the back of the card reader that needs triggered before the magnetic head turns on to accept the input from Samsung pay. Any card will work to trigger this switch, but the problems that I had stem from the fact that some pump readers won't pick up the signal.
    I use pin instead of fingerprint. So I type in 4 digits and have it ready. Put the license in and pull it out quicky and place the center spot of the back of my galaxy over the card slot. I imagine an invisible magnetic field shooting out perpendicularly from the back of the phone and going into the slot.
    You are done when the screen goes Authorizing...
    02-08-2016 10:48 AM
    I use pin instead of fingerprint. So I type in 4 digits and have it ready. Put the license in and pull it out quicky and place the center spot of the back of my galaxy over the card slot. I imagine an invisible magnetic field shooting out perpendicularly from the back of the phone and going into the slot.
    You are done when the screen goes Authorizing...
    It's seems that I can't get the license out of the slot and the phone up to the slot before I get an error. Could just be the pump I guess.
    02-08-2016 11:41 AM
    Thanks for linking the tutorial. Was able to pull it off this weekend with little fuss.
    02-15-2016 05:19 AM
    It's seems that I can't get the license out of the slot and the phone up to the slot before I get an error. Could just be the pump I guess.
    From the video I think he said "pull the card out lightly" meaning not all the way. Basically you put the card in to trigger the switch at the back of the reader and pulling it out slightly releases the switch and causes the reader to turn on.

Good luck!
    03-03-2016 08:36 AM
    This is awesome! thanks for the info
    03-11-2016 10:41 PM
    I'm going to give this a try today
    03-14-2016 04:30 PM
    I didn't know this was possible at the gas pump. Thanks for the info!
    03-16-2016 09:33 AM
    I didn't know this was possible at the gas pump. Thanks for the info!
    It's really hit and miss around here. It's so much so, I don't even try other than to see if it will work.
    03-16-2016 10:03 AM
    I've never been able to get this to work. Today, the pump actually locked up and I had to go inside to get the guy to release it.
    r56mcs likes this.
    03-20-2016 04:30 PM
    I have to put the Samsung logo just below the camera on the card slot. Not the middle of the phone... sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times but I always get it to work.
    03-21-2016 12:51 AM
    Okay, so here's what I've done so far.
    I've tried it at 4 gas stations; 2 worked, 2 didn't.
    The first time I placed my ID inside the card reader, took it out to be flush with the outside edge of the reader (didn't bring the card out completely).
    Right away placed my GS7 edge with Samsung logo facing straight into card reader and it worked right away with no hiccups whatsoever.

Second and third time didn't work in different stations.

Fourth time worked but I've used a Sam's gift card instead of my ID.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-28-2016 01:52 PM
    I just used it at Shell gas station this morning. I used a card without magnatic strip. Have the Samsung pay ready close to the reader why inserting the card into the slot just like a normal CC.
    05-28-2016 04:49 PM
    So wait if we have a Shell card we can add it to SP?
    05-28-2016 05:10 PM
    Okay, so here's what I've done so far.
    I've tried it at 4 gas stations; 2 worked, 2 didn't.
    The first time I placed my ID inside the card reader, took it out to be flush with the outside edge of the reader (didn't bring the card out completely).
    Right away placed my GS7 edge with Samsung logo facing straight into card reader and it worked right away with no hiccups whatsoever.

Second and third time didn't work in different stations.

Fourth time worked but I've used a Sam's gift card instead of my ID.
    That's about my ratio also. Some do some don't. But the ones that do work, work consistently.
    STARGATE likes this.
    05-28-2016 07:08 PM
    That's about my ratio also. Some do some don't. But the ones that do work, work consistently.
    That's right!
    06-01-2016 02:15 PM