02-09-2018 11:25 AM
73 123
tools
    I had the same issue at Lowes, finally figured out how to make it work. After it fails the first time, don't push retry, just hold it up to the card reader on the fail screen and it works. The cashiers are so quick to hit the retry button but doesn't work unless it's on the bad card read screen. Works!
    Thanks I will give that a try then.
    02-19-2016 06:35 PM
    Thanks I will give that a try then.
    Could someone please verify this. This has been my only problem with Samsung pay. If this is the case I can say my usage around town will be 100%.
    02-20-2016 07:23 AM
    I had the same issue at Lowes, finally figured out how to make it work. After it fails the first time, don't push retry, just hold it up to the card reader on the fail screen and it works. The cashiers are so quick to hit the retry button but doesn't work unless it's on the bad card read screen. Works!
    Here's my question. I tried again at Lowe's this morning. Samsung pay then pin and bad card read as always. I asked the cashier to NOT to hit retry but after pin entry the event is over. The card machine will not try again or anything. Held my phone there and nothing. I don't think it will check again for a card swipe AFTER pin entry anyway. Unless it was ran as credit. Haven't tried that again yet. Cashier told me that several employees had Samsung pay and they can't get it to work either.
    02-23-2016 07:39 PM
    Mine has never worked at Lowes, It also stopped working at walmart, same error bad card read. Not sure what happened but it seemed like it stopped working at walmart after an update...
    03-03-2016 10:30 AM
    Has anyone written or tried to contact Lowes corporate offices about this? Or at least a District manager maybe who might be familiar with the changes they made to their registers? To me it sounds like they maybe upgraded things for chip cards and a side effect was borking Samsung Pay.
    03-14-2016 01:33 AM
    It's never worked at Lowe's. Some people have claimed success, but I never have. I have talked to Lowe's and the local store manager and all have said that there is no reason why it shouldn't work. I have wondered if they need the card present to work, as in a physical swipe with a physical card. I don't go in there enough to test my theories with my license.
    03-14-2016 03:13 PM
    Ok, I haven't posted on this before, but I have the same failure at Lowe's. The card reads and am prompted for a pin after which it fails. The card read is good if it asks you for a pin... it has to read the card to determine if you've entered the correct pin. Let's see...are we ALL wrong or is it something in their system.
    03-25-2016 03:40 PM
    What happens if the transaction is run as a credit instead of debit?
    03-25-2016 07:42 PM
    What happens if the transaction is run as a credit instead of debit?
    Same thing. Bad card read.
    03-25-2016 08:16 PM
    Many places are requiring chip cards to be inserted. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of having the chip. Not sure that is causing the problems for SP.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2016 12:35 PM
    When you use SPay, even if the physical card had a chip, it is not seen as a chip card. Just think of it as the virtual tokenized card does not have a chip. The reader bases it's decision to ask you to insert the chip based on the card information it reads. The magnetic stripe on chipped cards includes data identifying the card as having a chip. SPay's MST does not transmit the information related to a chip. The merchant's reader has no way of knowing that the plastic card in your wallet has a chip.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jexx likes this.
    03-28-2016 05:22 PM
    Bad Card at Lowe's and Sam's Club. Cashier at Sam's said they just got a new system. Both places require chip card to be inserted. Strange that they got a new system and no NFC.
    04-23-2016 08:51 PM
    It worked for me once but the next day it locked up their self check out.
    05-01-2016 06:07 PM
    Cashier at Sam's said they just got a new system. Both places require chip card to be inserted.
    Cashier misinformed. Else how would they take chipless cards?

Samsung Pay appears to the card reader as a chipless card.
    05-01-2016 06:27 PM
    Just tried it at my Lowe's here in Colorado and it didn't work for me either. I've used it here several times before and was surprised when it showed "bad card read". I tried both debit and credit with no success.
    05-14-2016 12:11 PM
    Just tried it at my Lowe's here in Colorado and it didn't work for me either. I've used it here several times before and was surprised when it showed "bad card read". I tried both debit and credit with no success.
    I've not had success from the beginning. Those of you who have had some luck please post pictures of the terminals.
    05-15-2016 04:55 PM
    My Lowes uses the Verifone MX terminal. It worked for the first time at self checkout then the last time I was there, SS Pay locked up their checkout terminal.
    Since then I've tried several stores including Walmart with the same Verifone terminals without any issues.
    05-15-2016 11:22 PM
    From the other thread. Not mine but reposted. This DOES work!

This is with regards to your concern about samsung pay with reference number spay************. We've already received the feedback from our level 2 support regarding your issue in making a payment using samsung pay in lowes home improvement. Based on our escalation department " lowes will currently only work when the customer uses the retry option on the app. This is a technical issue with the way lowes processing card payments and is not an issue with samsung pay. Lowes technical teams are aware of this.

When the customer is at lowes, they can successfully make a purchase by starting the purchase process on the phone and waiting until the payment times out (60 seconds). Then, they can touch the retry button on the phone and send the payment to the card reader."
    05-26-2016 04:50 PM
    Well it kind of works! The only place I can get it to work at my Lowe's is the outside registers in lawn and garden. Both registers work perfectly. I still can't get it to work inside. Looks like I will be checking out outside! Don't know what I will do in the wintertime. These registers are semi portable and maybe havent been updated?
    05-31-2016 03:25 PM
    Just had 2 card read errors. The first one I used as a debit and entered my pin and then it said card read error. I thought I had it when I out my pin in. The second try I used it as creditch and got the same error. The cashier was familiar with SP and doesn't know why it doesn't work.
    06-26-2016 05:18 PM
    Just had 2 card read errors. The first one I used as a debit and entered my pin and then it said card read error. I thought I had it when I out my pin in. The second try I used it as creditch and got the same error. The cashier was familiar with SP and doesn't know why it doesn't work.
    As stated above I have only gotten it to work at the outside lawn and garden register. Never inside the store. I'd like others to try and see if they can do the same.
    06-26-2016 07:45 PM
    Ok so I got it to work finally...first, I've been having problems to get it to work at walmart, lowes and other places using chip readers. So i went to the self checkout to avoid embarrassment from ignorant cashier and customers. First I chose credit card as my method payment from the self checkout cashier's screen. Then I hold my phone next to terminal "where you slide your credit card". First time failed and gave me Error card reading, then I hit ok on the cashier machine screen, and tried again with hitting retry button on my Samsung screenot. Voila worked perfectly.
    So what I found out is, all the stories that do chip credit card, you have to do the same method to get it to work...
    Btw at the two times I held my phone next to the terminal for about 8sec "until the terminal peeps". If you remove the phone fast, it won't go thru....
    Good luck guys. And if the cashier says "oh that's apple pay" scream in their faces and tell them NO, IT'S SAMSUNG PAY MF lhfh
    Jessie Ann Hudson likes this.
    07-04-2016 07:18 PM
    The problem with these "fixes" is that it's quicker to simply take your physical credit card out of your pocket. And if someone is in line behind you, you really feel like a jerk trying to get it to work.

Have any of you noticed a difference between having NFC turned on or off?
    07-13-2016 06:00 AM
    For the most part, I use my Lowe's card to get 5% off my purchases. So it doesn't bother me a whole lot. But they see no reason it doesn't work.
    07-13-2016 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the tip above, worked for me at Lowe's! Waited for initial time to run out while cashier was scanning items then clicked retry and held phone to reader as usual and worked fine.

Walmart I also noticed I always have to hit ok after the error on first read then it works on second read. Will have to try using the retry thing there next time too.
    Jessie Ann Hudson likes this.
    10-20-2016 09:56 AM
73 123