02-09-2018 11:25 AM
73 123
tools
    I tried using SP at Lowe's and it completed locked up the terminal so that they had to eventually reboot it.
    12-09-2016 10:19 AM
    Lowes and Dicks sporting goods have something with their terminals. I can't get samsung pay to work at either store
    12-11-2016 07:43 AM
    Lowes and Dicks sporting goods have something with their terminals. I can't get samsung pay to work at either store
    Never tried at dicks. Lowes never worked in the store. Tried it at the mobile terminals in lawn and garden outside, and presto! Works like a charm! Have no idea the difference between the two terminals but I don't think it's an issue on Samsung pay. I have a new gear s3 and will try it sometime. It seems to work better and faster. We will see.
    12-11-2016 07:47 AM
    Ceoj, 20biks,
    Just curious did you guys try the work around where you don't touch your phone to the terminal at all until the time runs out after you finger print, then click "retry" in Samsung Pay and only then try holding it to the terminal?

Scott pointed that tip out in an earlier post and this has worked for me several times (using Note 7). I'm not sure, but I think if you try on the first go at all it seems to confuse it somehow and then it doesn't work even in retry (just guessing from my few experiences). Only worked if I only use it after time runs out and click retry then hold it there until transaction complete.
    12-11-2016 09:21 AM
    I also wonder if Samsung varies the hardware and software with each device/update. My s6 was the first to have the hardware. It did just OK. My note 5 got better. My gear s3 is great (so far).
    12-11-2016 09:29 AM
    Good question
    12-11-2016 03:00 PM
    I too was unable to get SP to work at Dicks yesterday. Cashier was great, let me try it three times, no luck.
    12-11-2016 03:33 PM
    Just tried at Lowes last night. No good. Beeps like it's going to go through, then "Card Read Error". I was at the self-checkout. Glad I brought my wallet so I could pay. Guess we aren't quite to the point of not carrying a backup.
    12-14-2016 11:47 AM
    Just tried at Lowes last night. No good. Beeps like it's going to go through, then "Card Read Error". I was at the self-checkout. Glad I brought my wallet so I could pay. Guess we aren't quite to the point of not carrying a backup.
    That's what it has always done for me.
    12-14-2016 05:09 PM
    I tried at Lowes yesterday and it just said waiting for cashier. She said we don't do that here and canceled it out. I'll have to try again with someone who will give it a shot.
    12-23-2016 09:11 PM
    Its a known issue. After talking to Samsung support, they said at Lowers you need to hit the retry button before attempting to pay. They don't know why, but it significantly increases your chances of having a successful payment at Lowe's.
    12-29-2016 08:25 PM
    Hi Scott. I'm new to this forum. FYI I just tried at Lowe's lawn and garden outside with my gear s3. No good. Got a bad card read. Have you tried it with your gear s3? Also, does it always work for you on the first try or do you need to click "retry" as jratliff and others suggest? Thanks!
    01-11-2017 05:13 PM
    No I haven't. Our outside department is closed for the season. I used my note 5 outside this summer and it worked like it did everywhere else. Perfect first time. I've have never got it to work in the store ever.
    01-11-2017 05:27 PM
    In my experience at Lowe's, you CAN'T attempt it AT ALL on the first try after fingerprinting. You have to let the time run out first. If you attempt it at all during the first try it then never works for that transaction even when you then retry for whatever reason.

I've only tested on my Note 7 at the front registers at one Lowe's but used it there 6 or 7 times now.
    01-11-2017 05:33 PM
    I've tried it every way suggested and no go. I've given up at Lowes.
    01-11-2017 05:37 PM
    Scott, too bad it doesn't work for you in store. I'd be curious to know if outside still works for you when it reopens.

Jratliff, thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try next time I'm there.
    jratliff likes this.
    01-12-2017 02:29 PM
    SUCCESS! I used it a Lowes this morning and it worked as intended. It was with the procedure listed above that had never worked for me before. Let it completely go through the first round and use it on the second. My coworker went and tried on the first and failed and tried on the second and it worked! Hopefully not a fluke.
    jratliff likes this.
    01-24-2017 05:11 PM
    Yes! I can also confirm that jratliff's procedure worked for me as well. I was at Lowe's yesterday and today. Both visits I made sure not to attempt to pay on the first try, but on the retry it went through flawlessly! FYI this was outside garden. Have not tried up front yet. And using Gear S3.
    jratliff likes this.
    01-24-2017 07:08 PM
    Yes! I can also confirm that jratliff's procedure worked for me as well. I was at Lowe's yesterday and today. Both visits I made sure not to attempt to pay on the first try, but on the retry it went through flawlessly! FYI this was outside garden. Have not tried up front yet. And using Gear S3.
    It worked for me inside the main store. It was my note 5. I'll try my gear s3 next time. But it did work on the first turn outside in lawn and garden. But only works on the second inside? Goofy!
    01-25-2017 05:12 AM
    I was at Lowe's again recently and tried inside at self checkout. Worked just fine on second turn (didn't attempt first). Interesting that it worked on the first turn outside for you. The one time I tried that resulted in a read error. So I'll stick to just doing it on retry and hope the issue is eventually addressed. This is all on my Gear S3.
    02-10-2017 08:24 AM
    Hey guys. I was at Lowe's last week and got a "waiting for cashier" message (like Jaycemiskel). She told me it was asking her to manually put in my cc number (she didn't ask to see my cc). I just continued holding the watch (Gear S3) to the reader and it eventually approved. I never had this issue before, as I always do the "Lowe's workaround" (start up SP, wait until the timer expires, then only attempt to pay after hitting "retry"). However, it seems the Gear S3 updated SP recently and now shows "tap to extend payment time" in place of "retry." Perhaps this change prompted the cashier message. Anyone else experience this when attempting to pay via Gear S3 at Lowe's?
    07-09-2017 03:01 PM
    Same issue in my S8. I wish I knew this trick before
    08-01-2017 07:44 PM
    I've used SP successfully at Lowes lately. The first time, I hit the green button on the terminal when it asked for my PIN. The next time I forgot and just put my PIN in and it worked. I've done it that way since without issue.
    02-09-2018 11:25 AM
73 123