Samsung Pay is not working at Lowes

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue, Samsung Pay works fine at all of the locations I have tried except for Lowe's. I have tried all combos(credit/debit), but it always comes up as a bad card read. I have tried it with my Note 5 and S6 Active, same results.

blklowz24

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, Samsung Pay works fine at all of the locations I have tried except for Lowe's. I have tried all combos(credit/debit), but it always comes up as a bad card read. I have tried it with my Note 5 and S6 Active, same results.

I had the same issue at Lowes, finally figured out how to make it work. After it fails the first time, don't push retry, just hold it up to the card reader on the fail screen and it works. The cashiers are so quick to hit the retry button but doesn't work unless it's on the bad card read screen. Works!

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Y'all update to the latest version? It includes adding your signature. Similar thread stated about new signature update and maybe Users will have better luck at using SP everywhere they go.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue at Lowes, finally figured out how to make it work. After it fails the first time, don't push retry, just hold it up to the card reader on the fail screen and it works. The cashiers are so quick to hit the retry button but doesn't work unless it's on the bad card read screen. Works!
Thanks I will give that a try then.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's my question. I tried again at Lowe's this morning. Samsung pay then pin and bad card read as always. I asked the cashier to NOT to hit retry but after pin entry the event is over. The card machine will not try again or anything. Held my phone there and nothing. I don't think it will check again for a card swipe AFTER pin entry anyway. Unless it was ran as credit. Haven't tried that again yet. Cashier told me that several employees had Samsung pay and they can't get it to work either.

droid.

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine has never worked at Lowes, It also stopped working at walmart, same error bad card read. Not sure what happened but it seemed like it stopped working at walmart after an update...

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone written or tried to contact Lowes corporate offices about this? Or at least a District manager maybe who might be familiar with the changes they made to their registers? To me it sounds like they maybe upgraded things for chip cards and a side effect was borking Samsung Pay.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
It's never worked at Lowe's. Some people have claimed success, but I never have. I have talked to Lowe's and the local store manager and all have said that there is no reason why it shouldn't work. I have wondered if they need the card present to work, as in a physical swipe with a physical card. I don't go in there enough to test my theories with my license.

tpeter52

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I haven't posted on this before, but I have the same failure at Lowe's. The card reads and am prompted for a pin after which it fails. The card read is good if it asks you for a pin... it has to read the card to determine if you've entered the correct pin. Let's see...are we ALL wrong or is it something in their system.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Many places are requiring chip cards to be inserted. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of having the chip. Not sure that is causing the problems for SP.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
When you use SPay, even if the physical card had a chip, it is not seen as a chip card. Just think of it as the virtual tokenized card does not have a chip. The reader bases it's decision to ask you to insert the chip based on the card information it reads. The magnetic stripe on chipped cards includes data identifying the card as having a chip. SPay's MST does not transmit the information related to a chip. The merchant's reader has no way of knowing that the plastic card in your wallet has a chip.

Posted via the Android Central App

Polen

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Bad Card at Lowe's and Sam's Club. Cashier at Sam's said they just got a new system. Both places require chip card to be inserted. Strange that they got a new system and no NFC.

Steve Velazquez

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Just tried it at my Lowe's here in Colorado and it didn't work for me either. I've used it here several times before and was surprised when it showed "bad card read". I tried both debit and credit with no success.