02-09-2018 11:25 AM
73 123
tools
    Worked in the beginning but now all I get is card read errors. Try 2 or 3 times. Works everywhere else. Cashier at Lowes said that they came in and updated the terminals the day before this started. Can someone who has shopped at Lowes in the last few days report success or failure?
    12-30-2015 10:17 AM
    I've shopped at Lowe's on numerous occasions and have had zero success. The strange thing is that the employee kmew what I was attempting and said it should work! She was familiar with Samsung Pay, and said they had been trained on its use. Still, no luck. Haven't used it since. I'm sure I'll give it another shot in the future.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2015 11:54 AM
    I've shopped at Lowe's on numerous occasions and have had zero success. The strange thing is that the employee kmew what I was attempting and said it should work! She was familiar with Samsung Pay, and said they had been trained on its use. Still, no luck. Haven't used it since. I'm sure I'll give it another shot in the future.

My problem is it worked once, so I know it does. That's what bothers me.
    12-30-2015 12:12 PM
    It asks for a pin number. Then after entering my pin it shows up at the cashiers screen as a bad card read.
    12-30-2015 12:17 PM
    I've had one failure on 3 attempts here. I always get the read error but if I just hold the phone there until it's accepted it seems to work. Last time it beeped and errored 3 times before working. Went through just before I was about to hit retry.

12-31-2015 08:52 AM
    I've had one failure on 3 attempts here. I always get the read error but if I just hold the phone there until it's accepted it seems to work. Last time it beeped and errored 3 times before working. Went through just before I was about to hit retry.

Was that on a debit or credit card? Doesn't seem to be as smooth as every where else though.
    Once it asks for my pin number that should be it right?
    12-31-2015 09:18 AM
    wow... so it wasn't me...

I was about to start a new thread about this. Samsung Pay used to work just fine at my local Lowe's. It stopped working two or three weeks ago on ALL of the registers at the store. Samsung Pay continues to work at almost all other places that i shop.(from big Walmarts to tiny frozen custard shacks.... even on vending machines with credit card swipers)

I guess there must be something that was done by the credit card processing company that Lowe's uses?
    12-31-2015 03:15 PM
    Was that on a debit or credit card? Doesn't seem to be as smooth as every where else though.
    I run all of my transactions as credit for the rewards.

01-01-2016 08:08 AM
    Same thing happened to me today at Lowe's...01/04/2016
    Machine beeped...asked for PIN... shows up at the cashiers screen as a bad card read.
    01-04-2016 10:36 PM
    Samsung Pay on my Note 5 working again at local Lowe's store.
    Just tried it this morning. Not sure why it stopped working before.
    01-05-2016 11:39 AM
    I sent an email to Lowe's customer service and got a phone call back from my local stores manager within 24 hours. She said they do definitely accept Samsung pay and have been trained as to what it is and how it works and she will personally get back to me as to an explanation. I guess they take a lost sale pretty seriously at Lowe's.
    01-06-2016 07:23 PM
    No, I was told on a similar thread If using debit , you use the Physical card's pin. The one you use at the ATM.
    01-06-2016 07:37 PM
    No, I was told on a similar thread If using debit , you use the Physical card's pin. The one you use at the ATM.
    I'm the one that mentioned it to you! even using your real physical card pin it still fails.
    01-06-2016 07:42 PM
    I'm the one that mentioned it to you! even using your real physical card pin it still fails.
    Lol. OK then. Well it didn't fail for me when I used it at Hobby Lobby.
    01-07-2016 01:39 AM
    Lol. OK then. Well it didn't fail for me when I used it at Hobby Lobby.
    It hasn't failed me yet either. Other than Lowe's.
    01-07-2016 03:32 AM
    Failed at Lowes this morning, and I've used it there in the past with no issues.
    So then I had to get out and swipe the real Credit Card. However, when I did the cashier said her screen was telling her that I had to "insert" the card (because the card has a chip). Obviously the card should have been able to swipe just as well, but something new in the system is requiring chip cards be inserted and not accepting a swipe.
    I'm thinking this change may be the issue Samsung Pay is having here.
    01-12-2016 05:44 PM
    I went to Lowe's today and had a very helpful cashier. Tried credit as credit, debit as credit, and debit as debit. No luck. Always says "bad card read". Lowe's store manager has told me they do accept it but I'm the only one she knows of trying to use it there.
    01-16-2016 12:23 PM
    I went to Lowe's today and had a very helpful cashier. Tried credit as credit, debit as credit, and debit as debit. No luck. Always says "bad card read". Lowe's store manager has told me they do accept it but I'm the only one she knows of trying to use it there.
    I think you need to try for the second time when it fails, don't change the option of credit or debit.
    01-16-2016 12:45 PM
    I think you need to try for the second time when it fails, don't change the option of credit or debit.
    I did try 3-4 times in each mode. Still no good. Works everywhere but Lowe's. Same issues at 4 different Lowe's stores. Seems I'm not the only one. Did use it at the table at Olive garden, no issues.
    01-16-2016 01:04 PM
    In that case only samsung support can help.
    01-16-2016 09:09 PM
    I have the same issue, Samsung Pay works fine at all of the locations I have tried except for Lowe's. I have tried all combos(credit/debit), but it always comes up as a bad card read. I have tried it with my Note 5 and S6 Active, same results.
    01-18-2016 05:26 PM
    You should report it to samsung support.
    01-18-2016 08:21 PM
    You should report it to samsung support.
    I did. Now waiting to hear back.
    01-19-2016 07:02 AM
    I have the same issue, Samsung Pay works fine at all of the locations I have tried except for Lowe's. I have tried all combos(credit/debit), but it always comes up as a bad card read. I have tried it with my Note 5 and S6 Active, same results.
    I had the same issue at Lowes, finally figured out how to make it work. After it fails the first time, don't push retry, just hold it up to the card reader on the fail screen and it works. The cashiers are so quick to hit the retry button but doesn't work unless it's on the bad card read screen. Works!
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    02-19-2016 04:59 PM
    Y'all update to the latest version? It includes adding your signature. Similar thread stated about new signature update and maybe Users will have better luck at using SP everywhere they go.
    02-19-2016 05:47 PM
73 123