is it dangerous to use Samsung Pay on no-name vending machines?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
it seems like a lot of the vending machines in my area now have credit card swipers on the side. (sodas, snacks, ice cream)

I've used my Note 5 and paid with Samsung Pay on them just fine. However, I'm wondering if I should be concerned at all. Take this vending machine that i used yesterday located at the front of a local bodega. I was getting a king-size Kit-Kat. After I touched the swiper with my phone, it accepted the $1.75 payment. However, the Kit-Kat was stuck and wouldn't come down. I went into the store and the manager told me that it was not their machine. They only get a small payment for allowing the vending machine to be placed there. I went back outside and there was no name, no phone number and no clue as to how I can contact them to get my money back. I ended up taping a small note on on the keyhole so the guy who services it can call me.

Since Samsung Pay doens't transmit my actual BoA credit card number to the swiper, I'm safe, right? Or am I?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I used a debit card on those machines a few years ago. Would not today. As far as the guy who would not give a refund - he should have since he is getting paid to have the machines there. I guess you can file a claim with the credit card company.

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
It is much safer to use Samsung pay since Samsung pay uses one time use only token while plastic card uses the actual number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair