Where does Samsung Pay work all the time?

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Since Costco and Amex are parting ways in June I decided not to add that card. I'd guess others used the same logic. I will add the new Costco Visa card when it becomes available.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep! I've got my WF Visa, already loaded onto SP, when Costco changes over I'm ready. Until then, I'll continue to use my Amex cash back card there with SP.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Is this like Sam's Club, when they only took discover card?

I don't know about Sam's Club, but if I understand your question? Yes, as above poster ded1945, said, Costco and and Amex are parting ways in mid June. At that time, Costco wharehouse stores, will no longer accept Amex cards and will have Visa as payment partners. Hope that helps with your question

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about Sam's Club, but if I understand your question? Yes, as above poster ded1945, said, Costco and and Amex are parting ways in mid June. At that time, Costco wharehouse stores, will no longer accept Amex cards and will have Visa as payment partners. Hope that helps with your question
The only credit card Sam's Club took several years back was discover. Now they take all major credit cards.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
One thing interesting is when Costco starts taking Visa, they will take MC aswell. I only have the regular membership. If I can to MC then I get 2% back with my CitiDC.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Can you please quote a source for that info that Costco will accept Mastercard. Costco tellers are telling customers they will only be accepting Visa and several business websites are saying the same thing.

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I use Samsung pay today at Costco and I got the fastest response ever from a machine to authorize the payment. it was almost instantaneous

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Can you please quote a source for that info. Costco tellers are telling customers they will only be accepting Visa and several business websites are saying the same thing.

This is my understanding after talking to Costco, customer service folks. The change to Visa from Amex will be mid-June.

Mikecalionline

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I use Samsung pay today at Costco and I got the fastest response ever from a machine to authorize the payment. it was almost instantaneous

So what is the procedure to pay at costco? cashier will ask for member card. Did you produce the member card or samsung Pay work at this step too? If you have to pull out the member card, what is the point for using Spay since most member card is the credit card it self.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Just used SP at Bed Bath and Beyond with a " chipped" Amex CC, using their recently activated "chip card" reader, held directly over where one would insert a chipped card. Went through instantaneously without a problem. Cashier said she had not seen any form of mobile payment before.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I can add to my list Starbucks where the card reader is out on the counter. surprised the heck out of the cashier, but then she didn't know that were phones other than iPhones. :-!
And Mr. Mike's Steakhouse in BC, Canada on their customer use card reader.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc