Yesterday I had two experiences that make me think Samsung Pay is finally getting some awareness.

1. At Safeway when I pulled my phone out, the cashier immediately said, "We don't have Apple Pay yet..." So I told him I was using Samsung Pay, as I often do at that store. He was really excited to see someone use it. He has had a Note 5 for months, but he just recently heard about Samsung Pay. (And, happily, Safeway seems to have dropped the requirement of showing ID that matches the name on your card. For a few weeks, they wouldn't accept SP at my local store.)

2. A little later, I went into Baskin-Robbins. When I asked the cashier if I could use it, she was also really excited to give it a try. She had also just seen an ad for it, but she hadn't seen it used in person. Unfortunately, it didn't work -- just kept getting a "card error" message on her screen.
    James8561, debdroid1a and deibid like this.
    02-15-2016 08:24 PM
    I do think awareness is getting better! Normally, I have either cashiers who are indifferent or negative to me using Samsung Pay.

So, my usual check out line (as opposed to pick-up line..hah) meeting a new cashier is say aloud to myself: "let me see if this works" as I go to place my phone next to the terminal. That way, even if the cashier thinks it won't work, I've found that they usually shrug and wait to see what I do with the phone.

A few days ago, I did my check out routine, and said "let me see if this works" at an auto parts shop. The cashier surprised me with this answer: "Yes, it should work, I've seen it work before."
    03-04-2016 08:45 AM
    Yesterday I saw signs in both CVS and RiteAid, stating we know have Samsung Pay, or something to that effect. I had not seen those before then at either store.
    03-04-2016 09:40 AM
    Yesterday I saw signs in both CVS and RiteAid, stating we know have Samsung Pay, or something to that effect. I had not seen those before then at either store.
    At my rite-aid, the terminal is nfc or MST. But the nfc part is not labeled in any fashion as to where to place it for the nfc connection. After talking to the manager, they said you just place it in the touch screen. So I tried and bingo. I know it had nfc, because the sign at the door says Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, Android Pay accepted here.
    03-04-2016 03:46 PM