Does Samsung Pay & Wireless Charging Work Through an Otterbox Case?

A

AC Question

I recently purchased a Note 5 with an Otterbox case and noticed the wireless charging doesn't fully charge the phone. I'm beginning to think it is because of the thickness of the Otterbox phone case. This makes me think I could also have issues with wireless NFC payments too. Has anyone tried it? Does it work through these cases?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently purchased a Note 5 with an Otterbox case and noticed the wireless charging doesn't fully charge the phone. I'm beginning to think it is because of the thickness of the Otterbox phone case. This makes me think I could also have issues with wireless NFC payments too. Has anyone tried it? Does it work through these cases?

Welcome to Android Central!

I know for a fact that everything works when using a slim case. I would imagine that the Otterbox is just too thick for everything to work properly.

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I use an Otterbox Defender case on my Note 5 and both wireless charging and Samsung pay work without any problems.

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Both work fine with every case I've tried including Otterbox. I do have the 3 coil chargers from Amazon so they may increase the range. Did not try on a Samsung charger.

Posted via the Android Central App