How to Deactivate devices from Samsung Pay

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not even sure if it's possible or if it's a possible issue, but now that I've got two Samsung-Pay-Enabled phones and setting up my Samsung account, I got the 'cute' message when setting up the new phone saying "You now have two devices registered with Samsung Pay".

Got me thinking. Will factory resetting the old device be enough? Removing the Samsung Account? (Can't do either to test just yet) Should there be a portal in which you could see which devices are active?

Has anyone have had experiences with two devices and the same account before? I know that when setting up the new phone my cards didn't 'port', so maybe that's a good thing. But still has me a liiiiiittle bit worried.

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there a "deactivate" setting from within the app? I think I remember one from Google wallet which deactivated it from your phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not that I've seen. I wonder if just removing the Samsung account from a device gets rid of that... but not sure. And I can't remove mine or wipe it until at least next week :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I found it!
I thought, well, shouldn't this be like Android Manager does it? And it clicked... FindMyMobile!!!! If you go to the FindMyMobile site (deceptive name, I know) you'll see all your registered devices. Click on the one you want and voilá! You'll see the option to, lo and behold, wipe Samsung Pay data from the device!!!
https://findmymobile.samsung.com

So, I guess removing the Samsung account from a phone would, in theory, get rid of Samsung Pay data... not taking chances though. Wiping through this and then doing a factory reset before I give the old phone away.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about all the banks, but at BOA you can activate and deactivate SP on the information page per account on the website.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't know about all the banks, but at BOA you can activate and deactivate SP on the information page per account on the website.

Thanks! Didn't know that! I guess on a per-card basis could be an option,too. Can never be too sure when it comes to your money, right? Better safe than sorry!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae