How often do you use Samsung Pay?

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I was just pulling together my tax stuff (yuck!), and I started counting up the transactions I've had so far in 2016. I've tried to use it every single time I've bought something, but there are still a few holes. Excluding online transactions, here's how it has gone:

Out of 87 transactions:
Used Samsung Pay: 50 times (57%)
Restaurant/couldn't use 12 times (13%)
Machines that "suck up" credit cards/couldn't use 10 times (11%)
Handwritten card slips/couldn't use 5 times (6%)
Food delivery order/couldn't use 4 times (5%)
Failed/wouldn't go through 3 times (3%)
Didn't want to hand over phone to cashier 3 times (3%)

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I use it at least 2 or 3 times a day. But I don't count places I know it doesn't work such as where it was never designed to work. This would include most of your non samsung pay transactions above. If we could figure out the Lowe's issues I'd be at 100% where it should work here.

mike568

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I was just pulling together my tax stuff (yuck!), and I started counting up the transactions I've had so far in 2016. I've tried to use it every single time I've bought something, but there are still a few holes. Excluding online transactions, here's how it has gone:

Out of 87 transactions:
Used Samsung Pay: 50 times (57%)
Restaurant/couldn't use 12 times (13%)
Machines that "suck up" credit cards/couldn't use 10 times (11%)
Handwritten card slips/couldn't use 5 times (6%)
Food delivery order/couldn't use 4 times (5%)
Failed/wouldn't go through 3 times (3%)
Didn't want to hand over phone to cashier 3 times (3%)

What places still use handwritten card slips? At 1 of my jobs we still have old fashion machine that imprints the card info. It is be used only if power is out if they customer was already in the store and it isn't to big of an order. Personally I wouldn't let a business write down my credit info. A couple of times at restaurants the waiter looked shady so I walked my card to POS. I have had 1 of my credit cards numbers stolen at a restaurant so leason learned.

Back on topic. I use Samsung Pay almost every where I can swipe/insert. I even used it a fast place where the cashier types in amount then swipes the card.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I use it at least 2 or 3 times a day. But I don't count places I know it doesn't work such as where it was never designed to work. This would include most of your non samsung pay transactions above. If we could figure out the Lowe's issues I'd be at 100% where it should work here.

Agreed. I wish we could get a groundswell of support for mobile wallets, so restaurants would start moving the direction they've gone in Europe, where waiters bring card readers to your table. I suspect some of the issues about "dip-style" credit card readers and other situations where you have to hand your phone over to the cashier would disappear, too.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
What places still use handwritten card slips? At 1 of my jobs we still have old fashion machine that imprints the card info. It is be used only if power is out if they customer was already in the store and it isn't to big of an order. Personally I wouldn't let a business write down my credit info. A couple of times at restaurants the waiter looked shady so I walked my card to POS. I have had 1 of my credit cards numbers stolen at a restaurant so leason learned.

Back on topic. I use Samsung Pay almost every where I can swipe/insert. I even used it a fast place where the cashier types in amount then swipes the card.

I'm with you -- I use mine everywhere I can, too. In fact, my friends sometimes tease me about it. Tonight I went to a small sit-down restaurant I visit frequently and asked the waiter if I could follow him over to the credit-card reader and try it. Went through with no problem. But, I wouldn't be inclined to try that at a bigger restaurant or if I were with clients or something.

I hadn't seen a handwritten credit-card slip in years, but an electrician who has been doing some work for me uses them. He claims his company is switching to Square or something, but they're having trouble implementing it. (They use tablets to figure out the total, so I wouldn't think it's that hard.)

I also happened to be shopping one day on a block where all the merchants had lost Internet access when a Comcast line went down. Every store I went into that afternoon had to use old-fashioned paper to make sales.