touchwiz..why the bad rep???

zita williams

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
hi
the first thing I do when getting a new device is to set up my own launcher
in this case Go Launcher my new phone being Samsung j5 running 5.1.1.
after awhile I got fed up with the ads so went to my back up Google Now launcher
however I noticed so many negatives about Touchwiz I got curious so 4 days ago decided to give it a go
at first I thought yep totally agree with the cynics I hated the icons they looked blocky and cheap
however I have my own icon packs and so used them
the themes on offer I also thought meh
again just changed it to my own wallpaper
I love touchwiz!!! its far less laggy than Go Launher also unlike Google now you don't have to have the bloody great Google search bar on top of the home screen you can move it to another screen or get rid of it altogether you can also resize your icons so can have less or more on your homescreen and the best bit forme the only thing I missed when switching back to Andriod from IOS was the notification markers on each app ie Facebook SMS etc a real pleasant surprise!
so yes I know ive only een using it for 4 days but I love it,its quick smooth and opens up apps straight away
maybe I wil be back to lament how wrong I was but for now......
Ripley ;)

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I love TouchWiz. Trying out other launchers just didn't feel right to me, and I like it much better than Nova or even Samsung's Good Lock. I think TouchWiz used to be laggy – more so than stock Android – so it got a bad rep. The themes in Samsung's app store are a little gaudy for me, but stock TouchWiz is perfect for my taste.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Touchwiz in MM is much leaner than the older TW. I'd always used 3rd party launchers until I got the S7 edge. TW doesn't look much different but it feels faster.

Chief FTR

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I started my smartphone life out in the glory days of Blackberry...(stop laughing) I loved my phone and I love the Crackberry forums as well. I happy with what I had and couldnt understand why the hype about apps was even a thing. I had a phone that worked and did all that i though a phone was supposed to do. I waited for the BB7 Z10 to come out and it was horrible. I immediately bought a GS4 that came out about the same time as the Blackberry Z10. I had had no idea what I was missing out on!

I went from BB7/BB10 to Touchwiz and what a difference you can hardly imagine the limited experience I was having on a "Smartphone" then to go to a ridiculously full featured (more like Overly featured) S4 it was AMAZING I love touchwiz and if you want to really know hopw awsome the change was try one of the old BBs if you see one around and thank the OEMs for making such a great thing that is TW!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke