I know it's a huge YMMV but the manager at True Religons refused my attempt to pay with Samsung. She kept saying you must use the card with one hand cover the terminal.
    05-01-2016 06:49 PM
    I've never been denied. If the reader is on the counter, even on their side I ask and never had an issue. However if it is out of reach or behind the counter, I just hand them my card. They will even reach the nfc reader out the drive through window at my McDonald's.
    05-01-2016 06:53 PM
    I know it's a huge YMMV but the manager at True Religons refused my attempt to pay with Samsung. She kept saying you must use the card with one hand cover the terminal.
    That's a crazy person!
    I would ask her why is she against something she doesn't understand and explain/show her that it won't kill her.
    Or just tell her she'll be losing a good customer and stop buying from there.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    05-02-2016 10:09 PM
    Most pp still don't know what it's. The reaction from that person made me feel awkward in front of other customers in line. I could try to explain but she was too aggressive toward it. The default assumption is it doesn't work without the "Apple Pay thing".
    05-03-2016 03:43 PM
    Horrible customer service to block the payment terminal without a reasonable suspicion of a problem. I've had issues like this a few times. I always contact corporate office of the store... Not in any attempt to get someone into trouble but to point out that they need better training.

Posted via the Android Central App
    tengtengvn and debdroid1a like this.
    05-04-2016 11:22 AM
    To be fair, the mall was only 30 miles from the heart of Silicon Valley and some pp are still afraid when seeing new crazy techs. 😀
    05-04-2016 05:36 PM
    I work at the Navy Exchange and I tell everyone with a new Samsung that Samsung Pay works with our POS terminals. They're surprised when it actually does. Why anyone would deny your use of a certain payment method would only cause me to leave.
    James8561 likes this.
    05-04-2016 06:37 PM
    I never ask or draw attention to using Samsung Pay, I just do it. That way the teller doesn't have time to react.
    LanceAllan likes this.
    05-05-2016 03:26 PM
    At one job we got an upgrade that allowed our pin pads to accept NFC and at the same time the POS got an upgrade to automatically return the money to the credit card used. At my other job we officially take Samsung Pay but I had tell cashiers only Samsung Pay works. The pin pad supports NFC but corperate has it disabled. We were suppose to get Apple Pay/Android Pay but there was alot of changes at corperate.
    05-08-2016 10:41 AM
    I also have a merchant account. The normal terminal that we have has been working for years. The new smart terminal that they sent us worked for a week. It's an Android tablet with custom POS software that supports magnetic, chip and NFC.
    If SS is willing to open MST to other OEM, it would be nice for merchants like us to keep the old terminal. It's simple but it just works.
    05-08-2016 02:17 PM
    At Denver airport snack bar, the employees refused to let me try SP. They said the manager told them to only accept plastic cards.
    05-09-2016 10:35 AM