Why won't Samsung Pay work at Walmart?

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung Pay works great at most places but I can't seem to get it work at Walmart. It starts to work and when it asks for my pin number, it never works. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Pay works great at most places but I can't seem to get it work at Walmart. It starts to work and when it asks for my pin number, it never works. Anyone else have this problem?

Make sure to use your debit card pin and not your Samsung pay pin.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Same as you, Chase.
It worked once, but when I went another time, I had just activated my new chipped debit card a few minutes prior and the card was not working. I used my real Pin too.
That's very odd, because I have a chipped debit as well. Might be an update with certain stores maybe? Or something at chase?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
That's very odd, because I have a chipped debit as well. Might be an update with certain stores maybe? Or something at chase?

Mine works on most registers in my local Walmart. There's 3 or 3 in the store that give me an issue. I also use a Chase card

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If you just got a new card try removing it from Samsung pay and adding it again. Sometime the automatic update screws up

Hoopy6279

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Ended up getting a text from my bank in the middle of the transaction because the system kept rejecting the payment method or possibly the pin 3 times and my bank thought it was unusual activity. Went to Stater Bros and Walgreens shortly after and both transactions worked fine. What's up with Wal-Mart's POS system?

aa6vh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Wal-Mart has been blocking any phone payment that is not their Wal-Mart pay system. Not all stores have this blocking installed, which is why some are still having success using Samsung Pay (and why some are saying that it suddenly stops working).

I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart due to this new policy.