I keep seeing posts about Samsung pay not working at Walmart. I also hear post from people that say it works every time. I'm in the camp of people that say Samsung pay works EVERY time 100%. If you have first hand experience of it not working, please state what your procedure is and what phone and bank your using. Maybe we can see some common issues among those that work and those that don't. I keep hearing about Walmart actively blocking Samsung Pay.
    The Walmart i know would never block anything that would possibly be a sale. My Walmart has Walmart pay. I also use Samsung pay as soon as the transaction starts. I don't wait for them to finalize the transaction.
    12-01-2016 05:38 PM
    I'll start it off
    Chase debit and credit. Note 5 and gear s3. Works 100% of the time in all West Virginia stores I've been to and all I've been to between here and Florida.
    20blks likes this.
    12-01-2016 05:39 PM
    Walmart in SE Tucson, tried using Samsung Pay and got card read error. Moved phone slightly and transaction processed. Used the self-checkout line.
    20blks likes this.
    12-06-2016 08:18 AM
    Walmart in SE Tucson, tried using Samsung Pay and got card read error. Moved phone slightly and transaction processed. Used the self-checkout line.
    Some have reported better success in the self check lanes. I've had the same success in all of the lanes. If I get a beep error I just leave it in place and it goes through a few seconds later. If I get a couple error beeps I move slightly as you mentioned. 100% success.
    20blks likes this.
    12-07-2016 05:22 AM
    Follow-up, Walmart SE Tucson, regular line yesterday, no errors; Samsung Pay worked as easily as in other stores.
    20blks likes this.
    12-07-2016 08:26 AM
    Got it to work at a Super WalMart the other day. Big transaction too. Still haven't gotten it to work at the store near my house, though.
    12-13-2016 05:28 PM
    I've used Samsung Pay at several Walmarts in the Twin Cities, MN, with no problems. I've used terminals at both the self-checkout and regular lanes.
    12-16-2016 07:17 PM
    I've been using Samsung Pay for over a year now, and I can confidently say it works about 75% of the time. Some places, I will always get card reader errors at specific terminals so now I just avoid those terminals, but I know for a fact that it just refuses to work at certain terminals. It's pretty good most of the time, but I also have had hit and miss issues at Walmart. I either get card reader error, or it works flawlessly.
    12-29-2016 08:23 PM
    Using a PNC debit card as credit. Debit won't work. And even with credit sometimes I have to try it twice in order to get it to work. Walmart is preventing NFC and even Samsung Pay unless you are using their app instead.
    01-23-2017 08:30 PM
    I've been using Samsung Pay for over a year now, and I can confidently say it works about 75% of the time. Some places, I will always get card reader errors at specific terminals so now I just avoid those terminals, but I know for a fact that it just refuses to work at certain terminals. It's pretty good most of the time, but I also have had hit and miss issues at Walmart. I either get card reader error, or it works flawlessly.
    At Walmart I always get the card reader error but always keep trying until it goes through. I went yesterday so when I got the error this time I did not remove my phone from the cc strip & noticed the transaction went through quicker this time.
    01-24-2017 01:16 PM
    Card Reader Error at Walmart today. Regions Debit as CC.
    05-19-2017 11:13 PM
    I was at Walmart self checkout today. Payment was flawless. No errors. FWIW, I positioned my watch (Gear S3) over the lower half of the card reader. The previous time I had a read error until I moved the watch down a bit, so it seems I found the sweet spot and went for it right off the bat this go-around. (Citi CC)
    06-08-2017 07:40 PM
    Worked for me last night at WM in Mukwonago, WI using my Gear S3. The cashier around the self check outs was amazed, he said sometimes the terminal even locks up. I assume he knew I was using Samsung Pay.

I made sure to select CC on the screen first.

CC is Chase Southwest.
    06-13-2017 01:12 PM
    I haven't tried for a long time at Wal-Mart, but when I got home, I noticed a SP notice that it would work. May have to try it.
    Attached Thumbnails Who has Samsung pay working at Walmart and who doesn't?-12615.jpg  
    07-27-2017 10:08 PM