Samsung Pay, two Samsung Gear S(2/3) watches, one Samsung S7 Edge phone

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Ultimate question:
Can anyone here say they've used two Samsung Gear S2/3 watches with the same phone, and been able to register both of them with the same Samsung Pay account and same bank credit-card account?

Background:
I've had Samsung Pay on my Gear S2 watch since it has been available, and it works better than I expected it to. It is obviously limited to NFC payment terminals, as the S2 has no Magnetic Secure Transmission device.

Enter the Gear S3, now with MST payment technology.

Linked it to my phone with zero issues entered my credit-card information, and was validated on Samsung Pay in less than ten minutes on the Gear S3.

At this point, my Gear S2 and the new Gear S3 are both enabled as payment devices using the same credit-card.

Take off the S3, put on the S2. Allow a few seconds for the Gear Manager to switch to the new watch. Press and hold the Samsung Pay button on the S2 and note that it is telling me that the card has been removed from my device and asks me if I'd like to add one at this time.

WTF? I go ahead and re-add the S2, call the bank, yadda yadda, and the S2 is back with my Visa enabled on it.

Yep. Now pick up the S3, and put down the S2. Allow a few seconds for the Gear Manager to switch to the new watch. Press and hold the Samsung Pay button on the S3 and note that it is telling me that the card has been removed from my device and asks me if I'd like to add one at this time.

100% reproducible.

I did this back-and-forth with the bank about 10 times last night, before someone there transferred me to the manager who asked if I could maybe spread out my token-requests over a few days.:)

Meanwhile my wife's S2 with Samsung Pay and the same card account is not affected by this at all - it seems that you're only allowed one Gear S watch at a time in which to have your Samsung Pay information stored, if they share a common phone. Authorize one, and as soon as you switch to the other it will de-authorize the card on that device. The bank assures me they are not doing this on their end.

My ultimate solution at this time is to have done a light-reset on my S2, powered it down, and put it on the charger until this can get straightened out. After doing that, I could get my card re-authorized on the S3 and it has been showing active for several hours now

Can anyone here say they've used two Samsung Gear S2/3 watches with the same phone, and been able to register both of them with the same Samsung Pay account and same bank credit-card account?

LuckieG

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
I have two gear S3 watches, I can pair both to my S8 plus. The problem is setting up Samsung pay to use and work with two different Gear watches on the same phone, and use the same debit card. 1) both watches are to use the same debit cards. 2) One watch ("A") is active and linked to the phone. 3) setup the debit card on the phone for watch "A" using Samsung pay--all is fine to this point. On the watch SP works fine.

Now the problem: Turn off watch "A" and turn on watch "B", link "B" to the phone, proceed to setup SP. The first thing that happens is the previous working debit card is deleted and I,m prompted to re-setup the same debit card that was deleted. Now it's working for phone"B" just fine. Samsung Pay (SP) no longer works on phone "A" and will need to be setup again. Samsung Pay can't work with two gear S3 watches on the same phone. SP can only have one setup per phone, and each time you turn on a 2nd gear S3 watch, the exsisting SP setup is deleted. Why would anyone have a 2nd Gear S3 watch which will not be able to function correctly.

How does one setup two Gear S3 watches to work with Samsun Pay on the same phone? This is a MAJOR PROBLEM and needs to be addressed

LuckieG

Jun 25, 2017
Visit site
The only way I could get Samsung pay to work on two watches was to first link watch "A" to the phone. Setup Samsung Pay (SP) on watch "A", adding two debit cards. Then turn off "Bluetooth" on the watch, so the watch does not link with the phone anymore. You might ask why have the 2nd watch at all if it's not linked to the phone, and that is the 64 dollar question I keep asking myself.

Turn off watch "A". Turn on watch "B",proceed to setup SP in the normal way (at this point all the debit cards used for watch "A" will have be deleted). Re-install the debit cards again (this madness---nuts). Now Samsung pay will work on both watches, but one watch no longer links to the phone--no incoming calls, no text messages, no email, but you have SP working.

Samsung are you listening...... This needs to get corrected....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2