Today Walmart Manager told us Samsung Pay is NO LONGER ACCEPTED (despite using it for many months)?

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else get the word from their local WALMART that Samsung Pay is no longer being accepted?

We had been using it there for months - but it was rejected by the machine repeatedly last night - and we can no longer get it to go through (at either self pay lines or regular lines).

Has anyone gotten it to work in the last few days? In February?
We used to use it regularly ... sad that we were told Walmart will no longer accept it!

Hope this manager was mistaken!!

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Where is the store that accepted Samsung Pay? Our local store in California told us they only accept Walmart Pay now :(

Did you use it in the Electronics dept by chance? Some people say its working in Elec dept but not up front. Hope this gets cleared up.

Last edited:

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I just got back from Walmart Dayton, OH, used my Note 7 at the front register. I meant to ask the guy about it but forgot. I didn't see any ads for Walmart pay maybe your store is rolling it out sooner than others?

NomusaMagic

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else get the word from their local WALMART that Samsung Pay is no longer being accepted?

We had been using it there for months - but it was rejected by the machine repeatedly last night - and we can no longer get it to go through (at either self pay lines or regular lines).

Has anyone gotten it to work in the last few days? In February?
We used to use it regularly ... sad that we were told Walmart will no longer accept it!

Hope this manager was mistaken!!

NomusaMagic

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Walmat Commerce Township Muchigan always rejects my Samsung Pay (Note 5). Tweeted Walmart, advised to go to website and enter question, waited & waited, store manager called. Knew nothing about SP, what it is or why it wasn't working. 2 weeks ..... Still waiting for her callback with explanation or resolution. Note: Recently noticed Wal-Mart Pay on terminals. I asked if they were foregoing others in favor of this. She didn't know that either! This is not a tiny country location ... It's a HUGE Walmar on a VERY HIGHLY traveled intersection in a suburban area.

Edit: Went to Walmart since posting today. Only thing i did different today is i turned NFC on. Though not needed any place ELSE I used it ... It worked. Now i don't know if manager fixed it since we spoke or if NFC must be on only at Walmart to get SP to work. You know they don't yet have the terminal with the blue blinking lights. Got the old school kind.

Last edited:

KeenAndroid3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I went back another day to our area Walmart and it worked OK. Just needed to press OK a couple of times on Walmart's CC terminal when it prompted me for my PIN, and then on the 3rd prompt for my PIN, I put in my debit card's actual PIN....and it went thru immediately.

NomusaMagic

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Went to Walmart since posting today. Only thing i did different today is i turned NFC on. Though not needed any place ELSE I used it ... It worked. Now i don't know if manager fixed it since we spoke or if NFC must be on only at Walmart to get SP to work. You know they don't yet have the terminal with the blue blinking lights. Got the old school kind.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Walmart is being a massive dink and trying to make it so only debit or there credit card will be accepted. They dropped visa support I belive. And many here in Calgary Alberta (Canada) don't even take tap.

****note this is what I have heard from the cashier when he told me he couldn't accept my visa card.

jratliff

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Note 7? I'm surprised that (a) it still functions and (b) you're still using it.
Note7alliance.com there's still quite a few of us :)

There haven't been any new incidents since the initial ones when they were released (and re-released). If there had continued to be any issues I'd have ditched it a long time ago. I'm waiting for the S8 to be released.

Jerseyboy1964

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I used it 3-4 days ago at a Walmart with no issues, however the last time something popped up prompting the cashier to ask for my card and identification. She then had to call her manager over while I explained why the last 4 digits on the card were different than the digital card, and why my scribbled signature at the POS terminal was different than on the back of my card. It took about 10 minutes even though the transaction had already gone through, but they finally let me out of there with my groceries.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue where Walmart would not accept my Chase Visa on Samsung Pay. Well, it would sometimes, but it was a lot of rejections and hassle. I switched to Citi MasterCard, and since then it has worked fine. I think the last time I used it there was Saturday (February 18, 2017).

I've found that at Walmart it helps to slide a dummy card through the machine while holding your phone up to it. Maybe there is some kind of physical switch inside that activates.

Kirk Maluo

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue where Walmart would not accept my Chase Visa on Samsung Pay. Well, it would sometimes, but it was a lot of rejections and hassle. I switched to Citi MasterCard, and since then it has worked fine. I think the last time I used it there was Saturday (February 18, 2017).

I've found that at Walmart it helps to slide a dummy card through the machine while holding your phone up to it. Maybe there is some kind of physical switch inside that activates.
Yup, the Chase success rate is way lower than my Citi card. I use my Citi now and am much happier with Samsung Pay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21