06-27-2018 03:43 PM
38 12
tools
    Hi 1812dave FYI I never have any trouble at Lowe's (have tried at self checkout and outside garden). The key is you have to do the "workaround." When you first start up SP, do NOT attempt to pay. You must first allow the timer to run all the way down then simply hit "retry." It will only work on that 2nd turn (AFTER hitting retry). If you attempt to pay at any point on the 1st turn, you will get a card read error and it won't work. At least that's been my experience and I know others have as well.

As for Walmart, I've only tried SP once there a few months back (self checkout). It was a fight as my card was initially declined and on the 2nd attempt got read errors, so I just moved the watch (Gear S3) down the reader a bit and it finally went through.
    I'll give it a try next time if there aren't a bunch of people behind me in line
    05-03-2017 07:27 PM
    OK let us know how you make out. I start up SP as soon as it's my turn. This way you can get it going so by the time all items are scanned, you can hit retry without having to wait and inconvenience anyone.
    05-04-2017 05:23 PM
    It doesn't work at Walmart I tried it only works if you do cash back. Then you have to enter your bank pin and get money back and it will work unless it just for bank of America
    05-06-2017 03:44 PM
    That comment is BS! They don't have any idea about Samsung Pay!

Please allow me to share my experience. I started to use Samsung Pay 2 weeks ago with my newly bought S7 Active. SP is one of the main reason for me to get the phone, otherwise I would by a Google Pixel. So, I tried SP 2 weeks ago, for the first time at "33201 Van Dyke, Sterling Heights, MI 48312", in self checkout terminal. I got, "Card reader error, insert chip", then prompted me for PIN. I punched in my bank card PIN and it was declined. I searched online, found this forum and thought, SP is not supported in Walmart! I even setup Walmart Pay.

Today (5/1/17), I went to same Walmart, just to try SP again. Cz, in these 2 weeks, I tried SP in Macy's, some local stores, it worked flawlessly. I was BLOWN away by it. So, I bought a Monster drink, tried SP, got the same "card reader error". I cancelled it, paid with my card. After about 15 minutes, I bought some more stuff, used SP, got "card reader error" then asked me about cash back, I selected 'No'. Then it prompted for the PIN. This time, I touched "change payment/other payment" in the touch screen (I was at the self checkout terminal), I selected 'Credit' & it WORKED! After about 30 minutes, I payed for my sister at the same store, self checkout but different terminal, it WORKED again!

So, the summary is, YOU HAVE TO BYPASS PIN in Samsung Pay. You cannot enter any PIN, cause you don't have one. And after using it in Walmart and get it worked, I'm 100% sure that, "Samsung Pay is UNIVERSAL. No one can switch it off! It's just not possible! IT WILL WORK EVERYWHERE". If it doesn't work in first try, you have to try it again, but it WILL WORK.

Thanks
    I used SP on my Gear S3 two times today and used my debt card's pin at least one time.
    05-08-2017 10:19 PM
    I used SP on my Gear S3 two times today and used my debt card's pin at least one time.
    This is one of the things about Samsung Pay that is confusing and a pain.

I have three cards on Samsung pay, two with one institution, one with another. For the first, one is a debit card and the other a credit card. For the latter, it's a credit card.

If I use the debit, enter a PIN, works. For the credit from the same institution, it ALWAYS asks for a PIN even though it doesn't have one. I have to do the work around mentioned above and it usually works.

For the latter, never asks for a PIN. Doesn't have one anyway, and almost always works, far more reliable than other two cards.
    05-28-2017 03:34 PM
    Samsung pay worked at Wal-Mart until they came out with Walmart pay. Now they block it because they want you to use their system. Not that I would ever buy an apple product but I'm pretty sure i couldn't use my Samsung pay at the apple store either
    08-17-2017 04:22 PM
    I was having good success at WM with SP with my Gear S3. Now it seems it gives a read error ever since the self check out interface changed.
    11-27-2017 01:02 PM
    Mine still works ok.
    11-27-2017 05:03 PM
    I paid with my Gear S3 at Walmart a few days ago.
    12-03-2017 08:45 AM
    I have tried to use Samsung Pay in Northwest Arkansas and it does NOT work at any of our local Walmart stores. The card is successfully read, but then declined. It works everywhere else I've tried. Since we are in Walmart's backyard, I think a lot of things get tested here first and I believe they have figured out how to identify SP payment attempts and decline them. What is amusing is that every single time I pull into Sam's Club parking lot, my phone alerts me that Samsung Pay can be used at Sam's Club. Why you can use it at Sam's and not Walmart is a mystery to me.
    12-03-2017 01:29 PM
    I've been using Samsung Pay prolifically at various Walmarts in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for well over a year now without any issues. I just did so last week. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever used anything other than Samsung Pay at Walmart in the past year. Perhaps different regions of the country have different types of terminals?
    01-06-2018 02:31 PM
    Able to use SP at Wal-Mart's in AZ no problem.
    Sometimes the reader messes up though after checker resets it charges fine!
    Good luck
    01-24-2018 12:35 AM
    I bit the bullet and set up Walmart Pay because I couldn't get Samsung Pay to work at Walmart most of the time. It's easy peasy and better because you don't have to worry about receipts since they are stored digitally, making returns relatively painless and simple. I use SP so many other places that it really doesn't bother me at all. The downside to WP though is that you have to have a network connection to use it and I have to use the Walmart WiFi network to use it at the one near my house due to poor cell coverage in that area.
    tube517 likes this.
    06-27-2018 03:43 PM
38 12