Weird Walmart Error

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Samsung Pay at Walmart with no problem for almost two years, but last week I hit a really weird error/glitch. I waved my phone past the card reading as I always do, and the transaction went through immediately. Seconds later, I got the check mark on my phone and a notification of the transaction. Samsung Pay immediately credited me for bonus points, too.

But the cashier said the transaction had not gone through on her end. When I showed her the notification on the phone, she called the manager over to review it. I showed her where it had gone through, and I even pulled up the Wells Fargo app to show that they have it as a pending transaction.

The manager seemed convinced, so she did some magic on the cash register and printed out a receipt that said I'd paid cash. The cashier was still complaining that I was scamming them, as I left the store.

The funny thing is, a day or two later, the transaction disappeared from the Wells Fargo site. A week later, I can still see it in Samsung Pay, but it never cleared at Wells Fargo. Apparently, it didn't go through on Walmart's side after all.

It was a very small transaction (under $5), so I'm not going to worry about it, but I thought it was really weird. Anyone else experience this?

Kilrahi

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Pretty close. I've had it say it's cleared only to decline a short while later, and I've had to whip out a different card only for Samsung Pay to claim that the original cleared after all when it really didn't, or have BOTH claim it's cleared.

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I was at Napa the other day and it said that I had a token that was unused or something like that. But the transaction was successful. It was on my gear s3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech