Hey all,
    I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8 and discovered the Samsung Pay app. I never knew you could use your mobile phone as your debit/credit card!

I just want to share my first experience with the app because so far it's not hooking me in due to some buggy interactions and the uses behind it.

The app seems very appealing in the fact that you gain reward points for using it and then you can spend those points on items.

My first gripe was when they had a promotion where if you snapped a picture of your receipt for purchasing the S8 they would reward you with $100(I don't remember if it was in the form of a gift card or rewards points). Well, I did so and it's now been a week and a half and I haven't heard or received anything from them.

My second issue is with the touch responsiveness of the app. When trying to hit the extra settings(the 3 dots up in the corner), I have to tap a solid 5-10 times before it registers. If I click into 'Rewards" and want to go back, I have to hit the back arrow another 5-10 times before it registers and sometimes it'll close the app because it took an extra minute to register those taps. Also with viewing the rewards, when it comes to scrolling through details, it barely moves the page up/down. It is extremely slow and laggy.

So my question is, is anybody else experiencing this? I want to start using this app since all reviews online praise it for being the next best thing in mobile wallets, but I find it very difficult when the interface is crapping out on me.

Aside from my problems, I have a more general question geared towards in app purchases. I heard that this is possible with certain apps, one being Wish. Well, I downloaded Wish just to check it out and they didn't offer a Samsung Pay option. Is there full integration with Samsung Pay and in app purchases yet? I've read articles on google about this feature being available in early 2017.
    07-19-2017 03:16 PM
    Hey all,
    I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8 and discovered the Samsung Pay app. I never knew you could use your mobile phone as your debit/credit card!

I just want to share my first experience with the app because so far it's not hooking me in due to some buggy interactions and the uses behind it.

The app seems very appealing in the fact that you gain reward points for using it and then you can spend those points on items.

My first gripe was when they had a promotion where if you snapped a picture of your receipt for purchasing the S8 they would reward you with $100(I don't remember if it was in the form of a gift card or rewards points). Well, I did so and it's now been a week and a half and I haven't heard or received anything from them.

My second issue is with the touch responsiveness of the app. When trying to hit the extra settings(the 3 dots up in the corner), I have to tap a solid 5-10 times before it registers. If I click into 'Rewards" and want to go back, I have to hit the back arrow another 5-10 times before it registers and sometimes it'll close the app because it took an extra minute to register those taps. Also with viewing the rewards, when it comes to scrolling through details, it barely moves the page up/down. It is extremely slow and laggy.

So my question is, is anybody else experiencing this? I want to start using this app since all reviews online praise it for being the next best thing in mobile wallets, but I find it very difficult when the interface is crapping out on me.

Aside from my problems, I have a more general question geared towards in app purchases. I heard that this is possible with certain apps, one being Wish. Well, I downloaded Wish just to check it out and they didn't offer a Samsung Pay option. Is there full integration with Samsung Pay and in app purchases yet? I've read articles on google about this feature being available in early 2017.
    I've never experienced problems with the app speed itself. I have the S8 and it's smooth as butter. That's just ... weird. I can't help you there.

I also haven't found much app integration yet. While I'd like it, it's not THAT important since my cards are already saved on Google Play. Only advantage is the rewards points.

However, where it rocks is at pay places. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it seems like different financial institutions handle it better (random declines for no reason still plague me sometimes and it sucks), but it's far and above better than Apple and Android Pay.
    jratliff likes this.
    07-19-2017 04:59 PM
    Same here. I haven't experienced any of the issues you are pointing out. I am running it on S8+ and occasionally on my gear S3 and it works amazing. There isn't a promotion/reward I haven't claimed or at least try. Capital One is the best IMO. $10 Amazon gift card just like that by doing only 3 transactions.

I still haven't seen an app integration with Samsung Pay. I wish in the near future it happens.
    07-30-2017 10:11 PM