I put a down payment for new flooring at a flooring retailer using Samsung Pay. The amount was $11,000. It went through perfectly on their credit card scanner. Everything looked great.

When I got home I received an email from Bank of America that they had put fraud hold on the purchase. I called BofA and cleared that up.

But, I never received my 11,000 points on Samsung Pay and it doesn't show up in the recent transactions in the Samsung Pay app.

I'd like to know who I can call or email to straighten this out. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    08-15-2017 10:02 AM
    You can contact pay support direct from the Samsung website.
    08-15-2017 10:07 AM
    You don't get reward points based on the amount of the purchase. You just get them based on the purchase. So it can be a $1 purchase or 11,000 purchase most you can get is 10-40 points. That is for Samsung pay rewards. If you are talking about rewards through bank of America, then I can't help. But Samsung pay rewards are base on the purchase not the amount.
    08-15-2017 03:11 PM
    You don't get reward points based on the amount of the purchase. You just get them based on the purchase. So it can be a $1 purchase or 11,000 purchase most you can get is 10-40 points. That is for Samsung pay rewards. If you are talking about rewards through bank of America, then I can't help. But Samsung pay rewards are base on the purchase not the amount.
    Well, that's just not the case. Samsung rewards gives 1 point for each dollar purchased. What you're referring to is "Samsung Rewards Levels" which is a multiplier of points. I'm at the 40 purchase level which means I get 4 points for every dollar spent. The $11,000 purchase is worth 44,000 points to my Samsung Pay account.

I've been playing the Samsung Pay game for two years now so I know the ins and outs. This is the first time, however, that I wasn't given my points.
    08-15-2017 04:01 PM
    I have never been given points based on the amount purchased. Ever. It has always been based on the purchase. 10 per and at a platinum level it is 4x times that. Sometimes they run 4x bonuses for a certain time. Which means that you will only ever get 160 per purchase. The samsung pay rewards have never been based on a purchase dollar amount. I too have been at the samsung pay game since the s6, note 5 and now the gear s3 smartwatch. Now if you get points for the use of the purchase through your credit card issuer that's different program and Samsung will not 4x that.
    08-15-2017 06:58 PM
    Try it out. Buy a candy bar. You get between 10-40 points. Buy $100 worth of groceries. Still 10-40 points. PER PURCHASE. All based on your 1-4x level multiplier. I noticed when I got my s6 the rewards made no sense to the amount till I realized they are not based on the amount.
    08-15-2017 07:02 PM
    Try it out. Buy a candy bar. You get between 10-40 points. Buy $100 worth of groceries. Still 10-40 points. PER PURCHASE. All based on your 1-4x level multiplier. I noticed when I got my s6 the rewards made no sense to the amount till I realized they are not based on the amount.
    Scott, thanks for the information. I just never paid much attention before. I have over 10,000 points in my account and from what you say I must have done a boat load of transactions to get there. I just assumed that much must have come from a 1 for 1 point system.
    08-16-2017 08:42 AM
    Scott, thanks for the information. I just never paid much attention before. I have over 10,000 points in my account and from what you say I must have done a boat load of transactions to get there. I just assumed that much must have come from a 1 for 1 point system.
    No worries. I thought the same thing. So I like to use mine to get to platinum level. Buy Little things. I almost have 20,000 points. Something else you may or may not know. You need 5 minutes between purchases for rewards and they only pay rewards on up to 50 purchases per month.
    08-16-2017 02:03 PM