Samsung Pay just stopped working

posaune76

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

I use SP all the time, both NFC & MST, and I've had no real problems until this week. A couple of days ago I tried to tap & pay, and everything worked except, well, the transaction. Entered PIN, got the haptic pulses & flashes on the screen, held up to terminal, phone acted like terminal wasn't there. I thought it might be the terminal (got the stock "That never works" even though I use it at that store with that clerk every week), so tried at 3 other stores with & without contactless payment terminals. Same result.

I've seen elsewhere that a common symptom of a hardware probelm would be failure of wireless charging. Not a problem here. Phone otherwise works.

Anybody else had this problem & solved it?

I'm on a Verizon S7 Edge, latest system update, with SP version 2.8.25.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try the usual steps: Clear cache on the Samsung Pay app, or uninstall/re-install and see if that helps (your card info should still be in your account after you sing in again).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have any NFC things around you should try that too. If NFC doesn't work if enabled it's a good indication that hardware failure might be at fault here...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech