questions from a new user

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok so hello everyone!
I had a palm pre but I was forced to change nd get a new phone
I got the samsung replenish...wow android is pretty good
Ok so I have a couple questions..I rooted easily..but is there any roms? Like new ones?
Nd u know that notification bar that the nexus s 4g has? Can it be put to the replenish or like the sgs 2 status bar too?
Nd people..
Any recommendations to some root apps or tweaks?
I'm very interested..
Oh nd can the samsung replenish be overclocked?
Nd also. When the hardware update comes.the one bein released on the 18th..
Do I have to fix somethin about the root or just install the same or re-root?

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok so hello everyone!
I had a palm pre but I was forced to change nd get a new phone
I got the samsung replenish...wow android is pretty good
Ok so I have a couple questions..I rooted easily..but is there any roms? Like new ones?
Nd u know that notification bar that the nexus s 4g has? Can it be put to the replenish or like the sgs 2 status bar too?
Nd people..
Any recommendations to some root apps or tweaks?
I'm very interested..
Oh nd can the samsung replenish be overclocked?
Nd also. When the hardware update comes.the one bein released on the 18th..
Do I have to fix somethin about the root or just install the same or re-root?
There iss a ROM for this already; this is the thread 2 below yours in the Replenish subforum. The update shouldn't force you to need to reroot or anything, it should just apply automatically. Not sure if the same could be said if you applied the ROM, but doubt it. For me, the main benefit to rooting was free tethering, I like barnacle for creating my own hotspot. Also, I would suggest installing superuser if you root, it notifies you anytime something tries to use the root access, keeps things more secure. Other than that, I haven't really needed any root apps, I'm sure someone else can give you some more tips.

Also, out of curiosity, why is it that your A key doesn't seem to work when you type "and?"

jesuspantaleon1993

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
There iss a ROM for this already; this is the thread 2 below yours in the Replenish subforum. The update shouldn't force you to need to reroot or anything, it should just apply automatically. Not sure if the same could be said if you applied the ROM, but doubt it. For me, the main benefit to rooting was free tethering, I like barnacle for creating my own hotspot. Also, I would suggest installing superuser if you root, it notifies you anytime something tries to use the root access, keeps things more secure. Other than that, I haven't really needed any root apps, I'm sure someone else can give you some more tips.

Also, out of curiosity, why is it that your A key doesn't seem to work when you type "and?"

I really don't use "and" .I mostly use "nd" for short.
Nd ok so the leaf rom..can it be installed on your phone using your phone?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
The Leaf ROM is very easy to install - there is a simple shell script (unix) or batch file (windows) that you run and it will install the new files. You will need to do a factory reset when done to get the full benefit.

There is an updated planned for the 18th? Where did you hear that?

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Man, I can't even imagine all the time you have saved by not typing that one letter. I hope you used the time to write a book or something.

Actually, no I don't. It would hurt my brain to read a book with missing letters.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Without the ability to update the kernell you can not overclock. Aside from the tether app mentioned above, I have no other app suggestions.

coreydavisr92

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
my name is corey and i was wondering if you can send me some instructions on how to root and rom my samsung replenish. ive been looking at shabby's leaf rom forums and acs but cant seem to find exactly what i need to do so i dont brick my phone.... i would appreciate it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463