EF27 Update

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For anyone that is on stock and cant wait to get the update here is the zip file

https://psp-1.com/

copy it to your sd card (the root of it) and rename it update.zip, boot into recovery mode and apply update.zip.

firehak is the one who pulled this from his cache, so make sure to give him a nice thanks for letting everyone update early :)

anyone on leaf rom this update will fail, youll need to wait til some nice person on stock pulls us the images

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My younger brother is still on stock with the exception of the KillingMeSoftly root exploit. I'll make a dump if that's close enough?

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
i need the stock with updates, so if thats ok then sure :).. also i seem to have lost the stock image i had for yall so i need it to work on that other.. side project >.>

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
What do we need here - I dumped /dev/stl5 I believe it was (or was it stl12) prior to going to leaf rom. Is that enough? I imagine I could push that back to my phone (undoing leaf rom) and then do the update, and then provide that. Of course, if firehak's brother can update, then that should be what we need, and will save me the time of rolling back! And thanks firehak for the file! Sprint has not yet pushed it to me, not that I could install it anyway!

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So Shabby - will this help us figure out how to get further into the ROM, and perhaps install a new kernel. install_recovery.sh shows the following:

applypatch BML:boot:7200768:d34d1efbc127b8c261d8c5432aa60ed448325496 BML:recovery 9e37c4d360c3e9b460845a86a413d4acbcfa8532 7503872 d34d1efbc127b8c261d8c5432aa60ed448325496:/system/recovery-from-boot.p

You have any idea what this will do for us?

Freak4Dell

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow Shabby...you are just really persistent with this phone. Thanks so much for actually giving it some effort, unlike other developers who don't give the less popular phones a second glance.

tentonbricks

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had a moment of panic this morning. I've already flashed Leaf, and this morning my phone gets a notice that this was available. It was 5:30am, and in my stupor I thought it was my alarm, so I hit what I thought was snooze, but was actually the "update" button. The phone rebooted and threw me an error and I was afraid I bricked it. I just hit the reboot button and *poof* everything was fine and dandy.

Crisis averted!

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Any tricks on how to stop it from popping up? It's starting to get a bit annoying with how often it tells me to update. Maybe changing "ro.build.version.incremental=ED23" to EF27, along with the other lines that show ED23 in build.prop?

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
What if you delete update.zip from your phone and reboot. I imagine the message will go away, of course, it may download again, unless sprint is tracking what phones it was pushed out to.

I got the update pushed out this morning and have not yet installed (as I know it will error out). My phone is also reminding me as well.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
That's the first thing I did after sending the file out to Shabby. I guess it constantly checks whether you have the update in /cache as well. :( Mine has been re-downloaded.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
yes editing teh build.prop will stop it.. once i get someone to update and send me stl12 ill make version 3 based on it

I don't mean to repeat myself, but I'll have it soon. I would have had it yesterday but my brother stayed at his friends house for another night. I told him to update so I could dump his phone when he got home, so hopefully it doesn't fail because of a rooted phone. Aside from that, he is completely at stock.

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Firehak...let me know if your bros phone failed to update so I can fall back to stock and install the update for shabby. However I've looked at the update and I do not believe being rooted will cause any issues for him.

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Will do. He just came home and handed me his phone. I'm currently compressing the stock ED23 rooted dump and will manually apply update.zip once his battery isn't near dead. It might not be necessary to provide this dump too, but it's more or less a "just in case" thing. I know I did a dump of my phone with LeafRom 0.1 already, but I'm not too knowledgeable about how Android works yet. I'd love to learn more about how Shabby does what he does, especially with an older brother who makes a living off reverse-engineering software. ;)

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Double post to bump/notify. I have it updated and su still exists, but I have lost root privileges. Shall I re-root, or are there methods of dumping without it to obtain a complete stock image?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463