[ROM]Wintergreen

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Wintergreen forums! Wintergreen is an EF27 based custom rom.for the Samsung Replenish. Here are a list of features:

-Deodexed
-Pre-rooted
-Custom Boot Animation
-Longer Battery Life
-Takes up less internal memory (because of deodexing)
-More to come

This is the forum where all of the future versions will be released. Unfortunately the beginning and possibly future releases will be froyo based. I will try to port Gingerbread in my spare time. Donations would very much be appriciated. If you have any developement suggestions or comments feel free to share them in this forum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to install:

Requirements:
-Windows Operating System
-The USB cord that came with your phone
-The .zip archive from one of the download links below

Instructions:
1. Download and unzip the .zip archive from the links below.
2. Extract to an easily accessible folder (e.g. Desktop or My Documents).
3. Plug your phone into one of your computers USB ports.
4. Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Applications>Development.
5. Remove your SD Card.
6. Run Wintergreen.bat and wait until it completes. Unplugging your phone or closing the window during this step will send it into a boot loop or brick it!!!
7. Once the Custom ROM has been flashed on to your phone you may close the window and unplug your phone.

Notice:
-Your phone will vibrate during the flashing process, this is perfectly normal
-This is meant to run on a 32 bit operating system, it is untested for 64 bit
-Download the latest version for bug fixes and improvements
-In case this fails and sends your phone into a bootloop, check two sections down for instructions on how to Odin back to stock
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version History:

Wintergreen 0.1 Final (unstable)(use previous version)
-Fixed EF27 Update message [it was already ef27 but the build.prop was outdated]
-Build version still says Wintergreen 0.1 beta because i forgot to change it :p

Standalone Flasher:Download
Wintergreen 0.1 Beta (stable)
Standlone Flasher: Download
Alternate Download Link: Download
Support my work:

Restore Your Phone
Originally Posted by Shabbypenguin
odin and ops files
pda tar (system, recovery, kernel. data)

1. Download and unzip the file.
2. Install the Samsung USB drivers
3. Put phone in Download Mode by holding Space, P and Power button until the Yellow Downloading message appears
4. Plug phone into USB port
5. Open Odin, you should see a yellow box with a com number
6. Select ops file and the PDA.tar in the appropriate Boxes
7. Click Start

this is a prerooted odin system image but for the most part, stock ( i wanna say the pre ef27 update but not too sure.)
Screenshots:

sc2zr.png

sc1wm.png

Last edited:
Reactions: joshuadunkin

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am finished with the ROM developement. I am compiling it and packing it into an odin flashable rom. I will have it up by tonight.

Last edited:

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been having difficulties with the odin rom but I will attempt to stay with the release date.

Last edited:

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
ROM will be delayed until I find out how to dump it from my phone. the replenish is a pain in the @$$ in more ways than 1 :mad:

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
ROM is finished and ready for uploading. I am at school right now so I am unable to do this at the mement but when I upload it it will be in the form of a nandroid backup. Those of you who want to be the first to have this rom are going to need a copy of shabbypenguin's cwm port or some program that allows you to restore nandroid backups. If anyone can tell me how to dump the rom over adb please tell me. That will make it so much easier to adapt the script they used to flash leafrom. I have pretty much given up on odin so now I just need a way to dump the rom from my phone. I will have it up when I get home.

Last edited:

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember the command offhand, but there is a "dd" command in linux that you can use. Just search through the replenish forum and I believe you will find it. You run that command at the command prompt (probably as root) and you should have what you need.

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i never got around to playing with that. I set myself a deadline that I couldnt meet so I got done what I could and posted it. Version 0.2 will be complete.

Last edited:

shrekdaklown

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
well so far so good i removed the bloat myself the only real issue i see is the notification bar its black and all the words are black but other than that its pretty good id like to see it bundled with adw ex launcher they have a preset to make your app menu like gingerbread its really nice

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Good. I am glad my work is drawing in a croud. If you could send me some screenshots of my ROM that'd be nice. I dont know how to take a screenshot so thats why there arent any up. It would be nice if we could get some real programmers on this ROM. I compiled this completely from tools and UOT Kitchen. Didn't write a speck of code (not counting build.prop).

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Typically you would not write code for roms like shabbymod or wintergreen. The coding part comes in when trying to get gingerbread on this phone. The problem there has been gb needs a different kernel than the one on our phone and we need source code from samsung to be able to compile a kernel compatible with with gb. Unfortunately, the kernel provided by samsung, while I can get it to compile, it does not work for some reason. I am guessing there is something important missing that sprint needs to supply.

joshuadunkin

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
not bad. like it even though its almost stock. so for the next update are you getting rid of the bloat. i dont use most of the stuff but not sure how to do it myself. cant wait to see adw launcher too. and ill get you a few screenshots once i find my app i was using! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech