[AA51][ROM]AreaRom v0.1 for Replenish in Beta Testing

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [AA51][ROM]Coming Soon, AreaRom-Replenish

Have you found a way to compile a kernel for this phone that actually works? Or is this ROM basically an update to the system folder?

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

If this works and its gingerbread I will be amazed

And the main site says nothing about it. If this is total BS I am going to be so pissed.

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

If this works and its gingerbread I will be amazed

And the main site says nothing about it. If this is total BS I am going to be so pissed.

Its real go into the Forums i talked with the guys today they added a spot for replenish, they will be looking for beta testers. for the Replenish, also if they can port GingerBread from the Prevail to the Precedent i am sure they will figure out how to port it to the Replenish, what they will need is someone who is willing to teamviewer with them so they can get a better look at the workings of the phone, as all they have to go on is an old ED23 Odin right now so any help you could give them over there would be appricated...

GPOT

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

I would love to be a beta tester. If you could post a link to that particular forum that'd be nice.

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I would love to be a beta tester. If you could post a link to that particular forum that'd be nice.

I will post the link to their site click the forums button and your there Android Area 51

They just released AreaRom 2.0-GingerBread tonight for the Precedent so the place is gonna be busy

PoorBoy52760

Banned
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Just spoke to the guys at Android Area 51. they are waiting for some ppl to show up that are replenish users they need a forum moderator for replenish forum and a couple beta testers. the sooner the better so they can get started on getting you hooked up.. you can get into the webchat with them by clickin on my Webchat support Sig and to there page by clickin AreaRom Support

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Just went there - noone is around at the moment. I'll try later. I'd love to see GB on this and have not been successful in compiling samsungs open source kernel and actually getting it to load. Kind of hard to do GB without being able to build/load a kernel.

alwright1980

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site

I have tried many roms to get a little more functionality out of my phone. Especially regarding freeing up wireless hotspot for free I can get it via usb-micro usb band pda net but whatever,.. I am pleased with the phone. Just for kicks I got Simply Green rom installed, nothing wrong wth it but it is very...simple.

My problem is in the installing from SD Card in Rom Manager Premium, or installing after downloading Over the Air roms. I have sen screen shots of what is supposed to take place when the phone is accepting the rom. all I get is is the phone rebooted in recovery menu.

4 options

1 reboot Now
2 Apply Rom from SD card:update.zip
3 Wipe all user data
4 Wipe Cache
That is it. If the rom has been downloaded Over the Air then none of these apply. If I chose in rom manager install from SD Card The phone should already know, but if I chose option 2 then it says things like no such file found write failed...etc.

I have even gone as far as renaming the (zip) rom as update.zip.

I cannot remember how I did apply the simply green rom to work but it actually if less functional than the original froyo I had.
I have a gingerbread rom that I know is supposed to work on my replenish, and I even tried leaf but nothing works. Please help. Even my backups are unavailable to me. I was happy with my phone, after a fashion, before I tried all this but not any more and I know I should be able to try some other roms. I also have some android tablet troubles to tackle China Models epads and the like. 1 thing at a time though .

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Alex