samsung replenish getting gingerbread update

nubkill6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
As long as I don't turn what off?

As long as you dont turn off "software update" if thats off, then you most likly wont get the software update... but once again wait till the 14th that or root your phone.. i havnt gotten it. And im still not worried ill be worried the15th, i will take my phone to sprint if i dont get it on the 14th or 15th..

nubkill6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
wait i didnt know you could turn software update on and off. were is that option?

you cant... its not a option .. if you turn it off it could up your phone. it is bakedi nto the phone... so if you did turn it off, then youll probley mess up your update software ... and its under running applications. if you dont know how to get there then your dumb (no offence but that kinda does make you dumb)... anyways. yea i wouldnt do it.. because its baked into the phone and could mess it up

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys I have a problem, I had installed Leafrom so I ODIN'd back to ED23 then updated to EF27 and then used the update.zip that firehak provided to get to EK18. After applying the update the phone wouldn't get past the SAMSUNG logo at boot so I reODIN'd and tried again, now it won't let me update to EF27 and my baseband version is now EK18. Help?

EK18 is the gingerbread update, so you should have gingerbread. Does your phone not look any different?

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys I have a problem, I had installed Leafrom so I ODIN'd back to ED23 then updated to EF27 and then used the update.zip that firehak provided to get to EK18. After applying the update the phone wouldn't get past the SAMSUNG logo at boot so I reODIN'd and tried again, now it won't let me update to EF27 and my baseband version is now EK18. Help?

I replicated your problem on my phone and the update fails. We'll probally have to wait for odin files of EK18

anon(335536)

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I replicated your problem on my phone and the update fails. We'll probally have to wait for odin files of EK18

So do you still have the ability to root your phone then? I did exactly what you did except I used the ota update and it worked just fine. Did you use the files in this forum to get back to ed23 and then update to ef27? Perhaps try again? You need to make sure your phone says it is ef27 or the ota will not occur.

anon(482951)

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Do I need to odin my phone back to stock, if my only modification is that I'm rooted? Thanks for the help!

If you have only rooted your device and have not installed a coustom Rom and have not messed around with the system files then your fine to update. If otherwise you'll have to Odin back to ED23.

fencerjared

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
so after you updated were you still rooted?

Nope. I understood your question to entail whether being rooted would make the update to EK18 fail, which it didn't in my case. I'm in the same boat as everyone else as far as root; if I were still rooted, we'd probably be light years ahead in getting everyone else back to root, since I could pull the needed images.

judoka209

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, for whatever reason the update using fire's file doesn't work for me. I downloaded the file into sd card root and renamed it update.zip and attempted to select apply the update and received this message:

E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, for whatever reason the update using fire's file doesn't work for me. I downloaded the file into sd card root and renamed it update.zip and attempted to select apply the update and received this message:

E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

No worries, I've put together an Odin image and will upload it soon. There is no need to be on EF27 to use this either.

MunkyButt

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, are you guys actually typing .zip? Because you shouldn't have to. All you should have to type is update and that's it. It'll add the .zip for you....did for me anyway.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

firehak

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The file I uploaded is already a .zip file. You should only have to rename the file to "update" if you are in Windows. And to avoid further confusion, we really shouldn't have this many threads for the same topic. Most of the work going into working on GB for the Replenish is now in this thread. I'm about to upload an Odin package for the community with a stock, un-rooted package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol